Can I say how BAD ASS Led Zeppelin is?
Jan 1, 2006 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Jeff Guidry

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm listening to Pandora, on a radio station with Led Zeppelin's "For Your Life" as the basis. I am currently listening to "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and I felt I had to share my rock vibe with the head-fi.

Go use you some Pandora, and go get a Led Zeppelin record.

Jan 1, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
Can I say how BAD ASS Led Zepplelin is?

Sure. Go right ahead. I know they are Bad Ass.
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 53
No, you cannot say how bad ass Led Zepplin is. No word in the human dictionary can accurately convey the level of badassery that is Led Zepplin.
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 53
Yeah, theyre badass , untill Plant says "does anybody remember laughter" in the middle of strairway to heaven...thats a really non-badass thing to say , actually kinda fruity (for lack of a better word)

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #9 of 53
Go right ahead. Even though I am a confirmed classical nerd, even I must bow before the rock might that is Zeppelin.

Plant can say "does anybody remember laughter?" during Stairway live because the band is so bad ass the rest of the time. Their excess reserve of bad ass-ery covers up the non-bad ass content of the comment.

Jan 1, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by max-9
Yeah, theyre badass , untill Plant says "does anybody remember laughter" in the middle of strairway to heaven...thats a really non-badass thing to say , actually kinda fruity (for lack of a better word)

Listen the studio version and forget about the laughter.....

Jan 1, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #11 of 53
Scared to say it round these parts....
I dont have ANY Zeppelin.
Love them, and had a couple of albums way back but lost em all in college.
Where would you guys start your collection of their albums.
Id really appreciate if someone could give me alist of albums too buy in "correct purchasing" order. thanx!

Jan 1, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Scared to say it round these parts....
I dont have ANY Zeppelin.
Love them, and had a couple of albums way back but lost em all in college.
Id really appreciate if someone could give me alist of albums too buy in "correct purchasing" order. thanx!

I would start with Houses of the Holy and Led Zeppelin III, but those are my personal choices.

As to purchasing order, my experience tells me that there is no "correct" one, other than to buy all the albums at once.

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #13 of 53
Meh, go in order. The problem is that, if you're like me, you'll be disapointed because I think Zep I is their best work.

I think Led Zeppelin is bad-assed, but you have to listen to them in small intervals because Robert Plant can be very annoying, and Jimmy Page's guitar work can also get annoying. If I saw them in concert (wish I had the opportunity!) I probably would have to go for a few weeks before I got back into them...
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:59 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel

The Complete Studio Recordings. Then, in whatever order you prefer, BBC Sessions, The Song Remains The Same (the CD, though for the sake of supporting all that is good, you should get the movie sooner or later) and How The West Was Won.

Jan 1, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
Achilles Last Stand.

AWESOME-O

YES! Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif
I've also been listening to In The Evening quite a bit recently, a little monotonous at times, but I sitll enjoy it quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back