Can I repair my shure e500?
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drunkontea

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have a pair of Shure e500s. Since a couple of months ago the cable near the ear of started to deteriorate. Very annoying, i know. I attempted to stop this deterioration by super gluing insulation around the broken plastic.

This seemed to be only a short term fix as it is beginning to tear again. This time however, the right hand side is starting to lose its sound output. I can no longer listen to my shures properly.

I was wondering if anyone new a place where I can send these earphones in order for them to be fixed. I'm not sure if its possible to fix them anymore or how much it'll cost to fix something like this. i live in Sydney, Australia.

Cheers

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 2
I have had 2 e5c and 2 e500 and every one has had ether one or two cables deteriorated.
All four IE was within the 2 year warranty, so every 6 months they were broke.
Pretty crap that you cant change cables like you can on ultimate ears triple fi 10pro.

I am staying away from shure for good until they have a option were you can change cables.

And there is no one that Iv'e seen that will repair them.

I am looking at Alien ears c3 right now, A good deal.

The e500 are great but the cables always deteriorate, A swedish rep guy said
it's because of the fat acids in our skin that corrode the cables. the rubber hardens
round the cable and eventually snapps.

The last pair i got from shure I taped with thin teflon tape (4 layers) and that made
them last for 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back