Can I fix the waeknesses of the Grado RS-1's before I think of selling them?
May 14, 2002 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jaybar

100+ Head-Fier
I have grado RS-1's since 2001 and hardly use them. Thje two main issues are:

1) Comfort- Not comfortable over the long term. After half- hour, I really want to get them off my head. Can anything be done to help this?

2) Grado cord length. The cord length is only 6 feet. I have the grado extension cord, but that adds 15 feet when I really only need a total of 10 feet (s feet plus a four foot extension), with my new furnature layout. Neither Gardo nor Headroom can supply a custom length extension cord. Will other companies? Any suggestions who to contact? Thanks.

Jay

May 14, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 9
jaybar
which pads are you using? try the SR-60 pads for better comfort.
Check out this thread for more info on grado pads.

cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

RawHit

May 14, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 9
No pad will help if you have them clamping your head, esp. if you are wearing glasses.
The best thing to do is to bend the headband. The way it comes, it has a large radius. Try to bend both sides of the headband (not the center) to make them more like the letter u. This provides a more resilient spring providing better support with less clamping.

May 15, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 9
I found the grado extension cable adequate for most listening, but a bit slow. If you are worried about degrading sound, maybe it's better to cough up some dough and get one of the extension cables Headroom offers (headphone.com). There are 3 manufacturers offering 10ft cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back