Can I do better, unamped, than Koss UR40 around the same price?
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

housecat

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my UR40s since 2011 and I love them. I'm a Koss 60ohm fanboy. I've had a positive experience with Koss since I got my first pair in the 80s or early 90s. Just wondering what else is out there. I've tried a few other things (see sig) but never found anything unamped for this price that can come near Koss 60ohm. I slightly prefer the non-titanium version, but either one suits me well. For longer periods of time, the over the ear UR40s are just great.

Anything else out there I should take a look at? I might consider getting a soundcard that has a built-in amplifier someday, but I won't be interested in anything that requires a standalone amp. I'm looking at the HT OMEGA Claro Halo just to see if there's a difference with my UR40s. I'm attempting to find out if that card's software has an option to switch from headphone/speaker output in software, which would be really nice to have. I wouldn't ever buy anything beyond the Claro though for an amp.

Thanks everyone, I've loved this forum over the years. I've read through every Koss Portapro/60ohm post ever put here! Your endorsements to me, trump everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back