Can I do anything about this problem ?
Apr 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
Simply put, my La Figaro 332 Classic isn't working.... Comes no sound out of it..... Can I do anything about it or is my money gone in the wind ? Bought it from Luckyfrogaudio, a ebay seller.... But I can't return it there, they don't even exist anymore..... So if I can't fix this somehow, I have to buy a new amp, and I don't have much money, so it has to be cheaper one....

As I'm already pretty sure there is no way to bring my amp back to life, I thought I would ask, what amp should I buy now ? It has to be pretty cheap, should be able to buy in europe, doesn't need to be tube..... Temperarely..... My budget is hard to tell, but around $250.... £200, €200..... The sound should be warm, not as light as the one I have now.... I don't really have any more specific requirements....

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 6
How about a little more detail about the problem? It might be fixable.

See if someone repairs tube guitar amps nearby. He should be able to diagnose and fix the problem. It might cost less than buying a new one.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
How about a little more detail about the problem? It might be fixable.

See if someone repairs tube guitar amps nearby. He should be able to diagnose and fix the problem. It might cost less than buying a new one.

The problem is, that there's no details..... When I turned it on it looked normal, the tubes glowed like normal..... But no sound comes out of it.....

I'm looking for someone who can repair it right now.... But it's hard to find anyone here....

EDIT: Now when I think about it.... When I started the amp, there were a popping sound.... Thought it was something else and forgot about it, but remember now that it has to have been the amp, I think.....

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't know what the problem is from that description, but if the filaments light up, it can't be that bad. Maybe a bad cap or resistor. Whatever it is, it should be repairable. Do not buy another amp when this one can be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back