Can Con Sydney Australia 7.5 - Saturday 11 November 2017 -
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #94 of 129
is anyone bringing an elear, lcd 2 or other audezes?

....or orpheus?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #96 of 129
I've just updated the list of what I can bring on the first page. Depends on how much will fit in the car...

As usual, if anybody wants minor repairs done or specific adapters/cables made up then please let me know.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #97 of 129
I've just updated the list of what I can bring on the first page. Depends on how much will fit in the car...

As usual, if anybody wants minor repairs done or specific adapters/cables made up then please let me know.
Thanks for the list Nori. Looks good.

And thanks to others that have listed their gear. It all looks good.

Unfortunately im catching public transport so i can bring my desktop gear to share or use to hear all these headphones.

Im also thinking after we all try the wa5 we might need to all approach massdrop and request one. Perhaps thay can approach woo audio and them offer the wx5 for $1500. And i’ll have to suck up the cost of the tubes.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #98 of 129
Nov 7, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #100 of 129
From a few years ago

Ps ive never heard an ultrasone

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #101 of 129

Can you repair the stax amplifer?
I got a stax 007ta amp,
The capacitance in it was broken few weeks ago.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #102 of 129
Anyone can also pick me up around centralpark?
The DAC is just to heavy to carry on public transport.
Note to all of us:

Next time a meet is organised lets do it in conjunction with a car club meet

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #103 of 129
Can you repair the stax amplifer?
I got a stax 007ta amp,
The capacitance in it was broken few weeks ago.

SRM-007tA is a single layer board with through-hole parts so shouldn't be too hard to fix. The only expensive/proprietary bit is the big transformer, so as long as that is OK then the other bits should be fairly easy to source.

If the capacitor has blown for no reason, then there might be other things going bad on the board, but I can take a look at it.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #104 of 129
SRM-007tA is a single layer board with through-hole parts so shouldn't be too hard to fix. The only expensive/proprietary bit is the big transformer, so as long as that is OK then the other bits should be fairly easy to source.

If the capacitor has blown for no reason, then there might be other things going bad on the board, but I can take a look at it.
Cool,thanks
will bring it too

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #105 of 129
Hello everyone

Our fantastic organizer pkwak has suggested a proposed date for the next Sydney meeting.

=====================================

Where: Epping Creative Centre (Dence Park, 26 Stanley Road, Epping, NSW)

When: Saturday 11 November 2017 10:00AM - 5:30PM

Cost: $20.00 (Lunch will be provided)

Important Rules
1. Please note that you will be required to register upon arrival. You will be provided with a name tag and we ask that you display your name tag at all times.

2. You should bring an extension cord or power board if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup)

3. Please be careful and respect other member's properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

4. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.

5. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.

6. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc). Please also avoid strong aftershave or deodorant.

7. Please clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your 10kg amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.
Hello I am interested and I will bring my O2 Odac and DT990 600ohm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back