Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 - Sunday 26 March 2017 -
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #47 of 154
Just received confirmation that Minidisc (minidisc.com.au) can attend the meeting.
This is great news.

They will bring Focal Utopia and Elear, but open to any other requests from the store demo units from here:
http://www.minidisc.com.au/available_for_demo.php

Obviously it's not practical to bring everything, and there's no need for duplicates if other members are bringing it in anyway.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #48 of 154
Sorry about the consecutive posts. I've just edited the title post with the rules from the organizer.

Only one month till the meet.

Feel free to post in this thread for attendance or questions, or PM me at any time.

Also tell the Head-Fi friends around you about the meet, to tell their friends about the meet...etc..., because that's the best way to spread the word around.

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #49 of 154

Hope you can make it. A lot of new headphones to try out as usual...

Thanks, I will be bringing...nothing! There isn't much for me to bring these days anyway. 

Unfortunately my sneaker addiction has taken over and left little money for headphones. I'm keen on trying that HD800s to see if it's worth the upgrade from the HD800, or if the Annex mod will get me close without having to pay a pretty penny.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #50 of 154
Just an update that the organiser pkwak told me that the proposed (not confirmed yet) date is now Sunday 26 March 2017.

For me that feels better than waiting half a year until late June. I hope it works out for everybody.

Unfortunately, I will be overseas on this date, so won't be able to make it.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #51 of 154
How about an ad for the meet on the home page of headfi?

I'm worried it's currently looking like we can all get there in one minivan with a trailer tied to the back for Nori's headphone tree

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #53 of 154
If I come (how's that for commitment?!) I'm going to bring Sony MDR-F1s, as well as the Staxes I've already mentioned.

And also Unique Melody Miracle CIEMs, although that's not much use to anybody because you can't share CIEMs.

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #54 of 154
If we don't get the people, would it be better to push it back into April? Hopefully we'll get some more interest

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #55 of 154
There hasn't been much posts from the organiser so I don't know what the situation is like (e.g. venue).

I don't think the current proposed date (26 March) is a particularly inconvenient date, so I am guessing that shifting it back won't double the interested people etc.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #56 of 154
There is still several weeks until the actual date, so hopefully we get more people posting.

If anyone is interested in coming then let us know on this thread.

There's no need to be an expert or bring lots of gear, because our usual core members have enough gear that you will never have enough time to listen to them all in one day.

More importantly, its the best way to demo some great gear in a quiet environment and have some good conversations. It's better than sitting at home reading reviews.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #57 of 154
Hello everyone,

Just a quick update.
1. Date: Unfortunately the date cannot be changed as I have already booked the venue.
2. Poster: I have provided posters to minidisc and Wing has kindly agrred to out the posters up in his shop for us. However, unfortunately addicted 2 audio had a policy where they do not allow any posters put up in their shop. I will try to make and get some broucher for a2a.
3. Headfi advertisement: I have sent a pm to jude requesting that out meet be advertised on the front page of headfi.org.
4. Stereo.net.au advertisement: I will be providing a material for our meet and hopefully they will be advertising it on their front page.
Cheers,
Paul

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #60 of 154
Hi guys, I've spoken with the mods on the r/headphones subreddit and they've agreed it's cool to post there to get some awareness. May be a little more "consumer-y", but will definitely get some more eyeballs.

I'm happy to make the post if this sits ok with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back