Can Con 6.0 - Sydney Australia meet ~ 27th Feburary 2016 ~
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #47 of 96
Yeah was rubbing all the dust off, power was off but still attached, must've discharged a capacitor or something because it didn't kill me.

Left channel stopped working, actually just recently took it out of the cupboard after 6 months because i thought it was toast but somehow its working again, albeit with some background noise (maybe more dust?)

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #48 of 96
Just posting registering my interest. Never been to a headphone meet before, and not sure if I can actually attend due to work, but definitely am interested. Recently purchased some LCD-2s and would be keen to hear them with some other setups. Currently set up with some modest gear using an Audioengine d1 as my dac and schiit magni 2 uber as the amp. Noticed there are no lcds on the list yet which is a shame I was hoping for some 3s to play around with haha. I also have a few pairs of portable closed I'm not sure if people would be interested in. MDR-100AAP sony, senn momentum 1. 

What do you guys think?

Will there be a pc setup at all? To play wav/flac files etc as I don't have a high res portable player.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #50 of 96
On sandalaudio's idea of a wider audience, is there a chance to get something in the shop at minidisc and addictedtoaudio maybe that lets people know its on? Thinking they are audio hotspots & like-minded? The shops are mentioned here a lot
Just thinking...
that is a great idea. Will definitely consider it next time.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #51 of 96
Do any hd800 owners have a draug2 cable to bring along?

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #52 of 96
As usual, if anyone can give me a ride to the venue and back (I live near Central, Broadway area) then please PM me.

How many headphones and amps I can bring over this time will depend on whether I can get a transport or not.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #54 of 96
If there is any particular ifi product you would like to try, please post your request. I have made request for ipurifier and their Gemini cable.

I have micro iDSD and it sounds great. I've always wanted those iPurifier and Gemini cables, but they don't fit the iDSD without a USB adaptor, which is dumb.
I'm using micro iDSD mainly as a line out DAC. I wonder if their new micro iDAC2 is better for that purpose. Would be interesting to compare if there is a demo unit.

I have an iPhono so I'm keen to buy the iPower PSU, but I won't be bringing my turntable system over.... (though it might be useful for lots of DACs that require an AC adaptor).

Would've been nice if the iDSD Pro ever came out...

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #55 of 96
Never been to a meet up before, would be nice to meet people in person. 

I have a:
  1. Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir, but have recently sold my LCD-2 and balanced cable - so anyone who has either 4 pin balanced XLR, or dual 3 pin XLRs are more than welcome to give them a go or connect their own amp to my Gungnir. 
  2. Lafigaro 339 with a couple different tubes - and it pairs really well with my HD650 which I can bring as well. 
  3. SE846 and SE535 but no good amp to pair it with - more than happy to bring them along. Also anyone know any good places to buy some tips plz let me know, I've lost both original sets of tips (put them in the same box) - only have the ones that are still on it. Also if anyone has the Chord Mojo, I am super keen to try it out. 
  4. I have a PSB M4U2 which I can bring if people want

More than happy to share all my equipment - not nearly as amazing as most other people, but hopefully people can still enjoy. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #56 of 96
Never been to a meet up before, would be nice to meet people in person. 

I have a:
  • Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir, but have recently sold my LCD-2 and balanced cable - so anyone who has either 4 pin balanced XLR, or dual 3 pin XLRs are more than welcome to give them a go or connect their own amp to my Gungnir. 
  • Lafigaro 339 with a couple different tubes - and it pairs really well with my HD650 which I can bring as well. 
  • SE846 and SE535 but no good amp to pair it with - more than happy to bring them along. Also anyone know any good places to buy some tips plz let me know, I've lost both original sets of tips (put them in the same box) - only have the ones that are still on it. Also if anyone has the Chord Mojo, I am super keen to try it out. 
  • I have a PSB M4U2 which I can bring if people want

More than happy to share all my equipment - not nearly as amazing as most other people, but hopefully people can still enjoy. 
The schiit and particularly lafigaro would be great.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #57 of 96
I forgot to mention that, as usual, if anyone needs a special adaptor cable made up (e.g. short coax S/PDIF for DAP, converter for XLR balanced, etc.) then PM me in advance and I might be able to make them before the meet. Depends on what cables and connectors I have in stock right now.

Also, still looking for a ride to the venue and back, from Central area. There's been a few maybe's and one way's but nothing definite yet.
I can't take the V281 on a train...

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #58 of 96
I forgot to mention that, as usual, if anyone needs a special adaptor cable made up (e.g. short coax S/PDIF for DAP, converter for XLR balanced, etc.) then PM me in advance and I might be able to make them before the meet. Depends on what cables and connectors I have in stock right now.

Also, still looking for a ride to the venue and back, from Central area. There's been a few maybe's and one way's but nothing definite yet.
I can't take the V281 on a train...
You bought the v281? If so, fantastic.

Give this man a lift!!!!!

By the way I might be needing a lift from mascot too if anyobes coming through

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #59 of 96
Just quietly, I brought the soloist amp along last year.

Burson audio have upgraded the soloist (4w) to an 8w (15 ohm) creation. Known as the conductor virtuoso 2. The 2+ has the dac.

Anyway for those that had been thinking about it addicted to audio appear to be selling off their soloist stock for $688. Which is roughly what a second hand one would have cost.

I'm guessing that the updated model will be about $1000 when released.

If you need any info on the amp just pm me. I always thought it was great value. I have upgraded since to tubes but that's another story.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #60 of 96
Just quietly, I brought the soloist amp along last year.

Burson audio have upgraded the soloist (4w) to an 8w (15 ohm) creation. Known as the conductor virtuoso 2. The 2+ has the dac.

Anyway for those that had been thinking about it addicted to audio appear to be selling off their soloist stock for $688. Which is roughly what a second hand one would have cost.

I'm guessing that the updated model will be about $1000 when released.

If you need any info on the amp just pm me. I always thought it was great value. I have upgraded since to tubes but that's another story.

I think they listed their new product in the indigogo.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/conductor-v2-usb-soundcard-8watt-head-amp-preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back