Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
Aug 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #406 of 421
Fantastic meet folks, it was really good to see some old faces again, and meet some new. Where will the impressions thread be??? Even though i had to leave rather abrubtly, i still experienced some awesome gear, and i would like to note down my thoguhts. It is hard to believe things have advanced so far in such a small space of time.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #408 of 421
Thank you all the vendors and members for coming and bringing their gear/sharing their audio xps, and Paul for making it happen despite being preoccupied w the baby. also pleasing to see he got enough people helping him out as volunteers!

Wish I handn't missed half the meet due to lack of pub transport skills and quality spacing out skills.
nice to catch up w some of you I know from before, or traded with and meet a lot of new people.

special thanks to the electrostatic/diy people (wink and nattonrice) and a2a (wink is also the - 10s of high end hp scattered around the table on the far left :D person) - I enjoyed those tables and chats immensely. (and complaining :D). not to mention it was great to hear high end stax and senns stats and t2.

finally - nice gear from tralucent audio (the secret vendor).
I quite liked the reasonably priced portable amp (the interconnect was very sturdy and aethetically pleasing too).

I thought their hybrid iem was fantastic (dual ba driver in the nozzle - mids and highs) and dynamic for lows above. it also seemed like there weren't explicit sound tubes inside, but couldn't see well as the shell was pretty opaque?

Lillee was saying they're selling on simplicty and clever design and sound purity/coherency ?

the universal version might not fit everyone(Paul?), but I found it comfortable and it sealed well.

the sub bass was deep and satisfying, the mid bass - plentiful but not bloated, the mids forward and pleasing and highs extended and detailed but not sibilant or harsh.
whoever tuned/designed them has something to be proud of.

I can't really conclude that IEM vs Merlin, due to different tips and form factor (and my price for used Merlin vs special price to hf meet people), but I am impressed.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #409 of 421
Hey guys,

I had an awesome time. Great to meet so many new faces and chat to so many like minded folk! I'm just bummed my table was so busy all the time that I didn't get to try out any gear myself! 
redface.gif

Thanks Vlad for a great review of the Tralucent Audio Hybrid 1PLUS2's I am glad you liked them as much as I do! Especially since you have the Merlins which makes your comments even more significant. I am glad you liked what you heard!

Big thank you to everyone who came over to the Tralucent Audio table. Will let you know when our website is up and going.

Lillee

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #410 of 421
Tralucent Audio was a nice addition. Their iems were superb, but for me, for what i use iems for, my er4's do the job admirably. Their little amp was outstanding though. I thought i had heard it all, from iBasso's very tweakable amp and amp/dac combos' to Xin's offerings- their little amp sounded A1, top drawer for sure- i am very inetrested  in reading folks reviews of thsi amp when it becomes more widely available, it really did sound that special.

I will comment on the other gizmo's later. I met qusp at last. Mate, i like your work very much- keep that lod thing on hold bud, as soon as i fix my amp i will be dropping you a line :wink:

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #413 of 421
Thank you everybody for making can con a success~
Thank you vendors for making can con extra special.
special thanks goes to Addicted to Audio who despite incurring great expense, joined us with all that goodies (5 boxes full)~~ Tralucent for giving us an opportunity to be one of the first in Australia to try out your new products, your Lisa (?) amp was wonderful~  And Twisted cable for continuous support for can con by being with us second year in a row and also providing with the opportunity to be with your great products.

Special thanks goes to svyr, who despite ongoing joint problems, took time to make this meet happen~ and what a pity that you could not join us for the full day T T. And Wink, who I believe single handedly doubled the number of h/p at the meet~

Also those that helped out at the end to pack us and those that help me set up - I give you my thanks~~
o2smile.gif

Last but not least, everyone who participate in the Can Con 2, it would not be possible without you~ So Thank You~~
photos to be up soon~

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #414 of 421
Thanks again to the the vendors, Svyr and pkwak, and everyone else for such a great meet 
smile_phones.gif
 I look forward to the next!

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #415 of 421
se535 was the most regrettable thing for me to purchase it, sold it in 2/3 price within one day, and now after tried the one with another cable made by tralucent, it becomes the most regrettable thing for me to have sold it. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #417 of 421
se535 was the most regrettable thing for me to purchase it, sold it in 2/3 price within one day, and now after tried the one with another cable made by tralucent, it becomes the most regrettable thing for me to have sold it. 

I'm sure you'll find something better haha, everyone else seems to. Personally I'd prefer customs but can't justify the cost to listening time.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #418 of 421
Quote:
Tralucent Audio was a nice addition. Their iems were superb, but for me, for what i use iems for, my er4's do the job admirably. Their little amp was outstanding though. I thought i had heard it all, from iBasso's very tweakable amp and amp/dac combos' to Xin's offerings- their little amp sounded A1, top drawer for sure- i am very inetrested  in reading folks reviews of thsi amp when it becomes more widely available, it really did sound that special.

I will comment on the other gizmo's later. I met qusp at last. Mate, i like your work very much- keep that lod thing on hold bud, as soon as i fix my amp i will be dropping you a line :wink:

ditto to you too Nick, we've always missed each other at these things. no worries drop me aline when you are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back