Can anyone tell me which pair of Yuin earphones have balanced sound?..
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
I'm looking on head-direct right now, and am thinking of getting them, as I do have enough money. I just need to know which pair has balanced sound. I've heard the OK3's have a lot of bass, so I don't want that.

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 13
OK1s have the most balanced sound of them all. They need an amp to shine though
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK1s have the most balanced sound of them all. They need an amp to shine though
rolleyes.gif

And which cheapest amp would you recommend...care to hit two home runs?
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 13
Would you happen to know any other Earphones that have balanced sound besides those that don't need an amp?..My budget is 80.22, so I can afford a pair that's 65-70 + possibly one day shipping.

Jul 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Cheapest amp is kind of hard, but if you are using them form a clean headphone out you could opt for a Travagans Colors or perhaps the cheap minibox amp.

What about iBasso? I've been seeing this one in a lot of sigs. Would you mind telling me where I can find them for sale, so I can check the prices? I Googled but got nowhere.

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

iBasso.com the iBasso D2 Boa cost €104 from their site. The Boa is really good and relatively cheap if you are based in the EU.

Since I can't find a T1, care to give your feelings on the Practical Device’s XM4? I can find one of those for $135.

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #10 of 13
I believe all other than the iBasso D2 Boa are discontinued models. I honestly have no idea how the Practical Device's XM4 sounds maybe it is in one of the reviews on this site like Portable Amp Rounds up or somewhere else. The Boa seems to be one of the best amps price / performance wise although.

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

I believe all other than the iBasso D2 Boa are discontinued models. I honestly have no idea how the Practical Device's XM4 sounds maybe it is in one of the reviews on this site like Portable Amp Rounds up or somewhere else. The Boa seems to be one of the best amps price / performance wise although.

Thanks for your input.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sold on the Boa. Now if I can just find someone to trade with.

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 13
From what I've read, the OK1's are clearly very balanced... it's a shame they are out of your budget. I am planning about buying them, and I hope my little Cmoy to drive then good till I get a better amp.

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 13
x3 on the OK1's.
No boost to bass or top unlike (from what I've read in review here - haven't heard myself so a caveat) PK1; nice & even across the board, very Etymotic-like clarity but with a wonderful soundstage, + a really good dynamic presentation. For earbuds, they're remarkable.
They also have the facility to convert to semi-IEMs but lose their pluses by so doing IMHO. Still, a useful feature when you need it & not bothered by not hearing them @ their best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back