Can anyone recommend some fairly priced desktop stands for my speakers?
Apr 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

roker

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a setup that I'm very happy with that didn't cost me a fortune. Only problem is it's not setup to it's best potential. I need to buy a nice wooden desk and some decent desktop speaker stands.

Ideally I think a 5' to 6' lift would be great, there was a nice looking one from wood technologies but it placed my speakers at 8.5' which is still not ideal.

please, no links to those headroom stands ($500 for stands costs more than my speakers, in fact, it's roughly 80% of the cost I invested in my setup . . . beyond ridiculous!)

I don't know how to build my own (I don't have a saw or good sandpapering skills, etc.)

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 34
Here's a stock photo on nhthifi.com:

indexphp.jpg

Can someone help me find something like that?

I can't be the only one here with this issue.

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 34
You are not the only one with this issue.
Some of us are still limited to baked bean cans.

I'm following this thread with great interest.

Apr 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 34
Same here! I'd like a similar pair of stands as shown on the picture.
Also, I'd like a headphone stand.

Apr 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 34
If you need a new desk may make sense to buy a Ikea Jerker or similar, I've got one and my large standmounts are on the shelf either side of the 24", with lots of space underneath for other stuff

desktop.jpg

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 34
Found these on Amazon, but it'll cost 140, seems like over kill.

Amazon.com: Lovan Jazz Speaker Stands in Matte Black (6" Pair): Electronics

The Ikea desk looks OK, but not what I had in mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My speakers are riding on auralex speaker isolation blocks, elevates it to just the right height for me

can you post pics?

I was thinking about those, but I'd much rather have something like the pic I posted.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm how about buying a couple of blocks of wood? then just cut or trim into the shape you want, stain and /or varnish as you like.

easier said than done . . . if you DON'T live in NYC

I suppose there might be someone around here who may provide that service.

Apr 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 34
The Lovan Jazz are very nice & solidly-built. Although they are a bit pricey, Lovan makes some really high-quality products. I'm definitely interested in those now (Damn Head-Fi).

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Apr 26, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 34
How about hardback phone books? Nice and solid, though not exactly the most aesthetic stands ever... maybe wrap in some brown paper then spray paint it whatever color you want
redface.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #14 of 34
I walked into guitar center today and bought the mopads for 30 bucks on sale. I figured it was a minimal investment until I can sort this out.

I'm going to try and find someone who has experience in wood work and have them build me a nice square block so I put my speakers on it.

I guess I'll check back in when that happens. Other than that, unless someone has a solution, this thread is dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4823247-post15.html

That's my setup

More than likely I'm going to go get a pair of paper organizers to replicate your setup.

May 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #15 of 34
They're pretty damn sturdy, have room underneath to put remote controls, papers, etc. and the tops of them (normally the bottoms) have a felt material to add to the cushion the speakers get to sit on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back