Can anyone confirm my Decision?
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Johnsonr520

Head-Fier
So after reading on here for awhile, ive decided to buy m50's. Im just making this post to see if I should look at anything else before buying. The main uses I will have for it are listening to music (ipod, mac). Also it will be used most for hooking up to my guitar amplifier. It is a tube amp and I play mostly heavy metal. Right now I have hd 201's but it just cant handle the high gain. Most of the music I listen to is heavy metal, classic rock, and my girlfriend will probably steal them for her dubstep. For now it wont be driven with an amp. But I am into audio electronics such as building amps so within the year I will build a headphone tube amp for them. Also I cant break $150 since its the budget i was given for a christmas gift and I dont want to be greedy. Basically for my genres and listening situation, should I try any other headphones?

P.S. I have done a side by side of the m50 and shure srh880 and liked the m50s for have a little more punchy lows. And I dont know if it will help, but the eq for my main guitar amp eq setting (5 being neutral) is low 8 mids 2 high 7 (typical metal rhythm settings)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back