Can anybody sign this petition to support Daniel Craig?
Feb 25, 2006 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

David Pickerill

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this isn’t in the right section or if it isn’t allowed, of course just lock the topic or delete it, but I was just wondering can anybody help out and just sign this petition to say they think Daniel Craig will make a good James Bond.

http://www.petitiononline.com/007Bond/petition.html

Don’t know if anybody as been following the press reports but basically some childish Bond fans have set up a site knocking the new film which looks like it could be one of the best bond films for years, and somebody has set up this petition to counter that other site.

Thanks or Apologies in advance.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 29
I say bring back Sean Connery. Bond, Jamesh Bond.

Sean_Connery.jpg

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 29
There was a thread not too long ago about the merits of the different Bond actors.

A lot of people, including myself, want to see the franchise taken in a different direction, one that is more faithful to the Ian Fleming books. Daniel Craig, with his strong resemblance of Hoagey Carmichael, is definitely a step in that direction, and I look forward to the new film.

Edit: petition signee number 202

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 29
Daniel Craig looks like he should be a Bond villain, not Bond. I guess we'll see how he does when the film comes out.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
They should have spent the money on Hugh Jackman or kept Pierce Brosnan. What were they thinking with a blond Bond?

Now that would have been an awesome choice. A bond that can sing, dance and kick some arse.
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #10 of 29
To all those who don't think Daniel Craig will make a good Bond, just have a look at Layer Cake, an excellent film that really showed his talent. It's high time for a change, and I for one am looking forward to the darker side of Bond. Can't wait!

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 29
i think he'll be great. signee #212

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #12 of 29
Just in the news today:

Craig couldn't drive the Aston Martin that was supplied for the movie because... IT WAS A STANDARD?!?!?!?!

Iffy, I say.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #14 of 29
I've heard a few things here and there about this. Craig isn't being treated fairly by many so-called Bond fanatics. The very reason the franchise has been so successful is its ability to contintually transcend itself by allowing different actors to lend themselves to the evolution of the character, James Bond (or should I say Bond...James Bond lol)?
Personally, I think that OHMSS was one of the best Bond films because it broke from the mold early on and presented a more complex portrayal of Bond. Also, suffice to many opinions I think Lazenby did a fine job. Craig appears to present a more weary, conflicted and rugged persona than the previous Bonds. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. The world has changed significantly since the early 60's or so when Dr. No was released. Just as the times have changed, I feel that the franchise should as well. True fans should welcome change because after all it's why the series has lasted 20+ films. Either way I'm extremely psyched for the next installment!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #15 of 29
i reserve judgment until i watch the movie. he might be good. he might be bad. i'll give him a chance.

but i knew pierce brosnan would be perfect before he even did one movie. sometimes you just know, y'know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back