Can a Brother get a Dacmagic?
Apr 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Joelby

1000+ Head-Fier
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction: I want to purchase a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic. However, my search for one locally has not been going well. Any suggestions as to where I can find one online?

I'm in Canada, if that matters (ie Amazon.com won't ship to me, those buggers!)

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 17
Cambridge Audio "DacMagic" is back! - Canuck Audio Mart

Everest Audio - Cambridge Audio DacMagic

I found these by typing "dacmagic canada" in Google.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 17
Took a look at the PS. Looks really nice. A little above my league for a dac right now. This is going to be my first dedicated dac. Don't want to set the bar too high for that inevitable upgraditis!

I'll probably order some higher end stuff when the exchange rate is better
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 17
Apr 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #12 of 17
Right after I posted this, I found an ad on Canuck Audio Market posted this morning for the Dacmagic out of Toronto - Solution A/V - Score them while they're still there Canadians!

$469 Canadian shipped!

The search is finally over!!!!

Apr 5, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #14 of 17
Dang... I had about a two week wait ~a month ago from peak, I guess these really are in high demand.

I also hear rumors of a price increase too... Be glad you got it at the price you did
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by David_N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang... I had about a two week wait ~a month ago from peak, I guess these really are in high demand.

I also hear rumors of a price increase too... Be glad you got it at the price you did
wink.gif

Oh really? I'm feelin' pretty lucky all of a sudden!

Their price was on par with other Canadian retailers. $429 before tax, shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back