Campfire Vega - What is the next undisputed level?
May 17, 2020 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

payj

Head-Fier
Hello!

I have been using the Vegas for the past few years and they have been great! At the time I had a budget of about $1000 and was able to save up a bit more to get these and am glad I did!

While I do enjoy these a bunch, I am curious to know if there is an "undisputed" next level IEM with this sound signature(?). I am a bass head, but appreciate the clarity in the other categories the Vega offers. I listen primarily to hiphop, EDM, Chill House, House along with others. I also appreciate the fact these are easy to drive. Right now I use a Note 10+ witht the Ibasso DC02. I do not want hard to run IEM's.

An analogy I suppose, would be cars.....If for sake of argument the Vega is a "base" Ferrari (488) what is the LaFerrari, Pagani, P1 etc in the punchy bass (along with all the other reasons one would want a Vega) in TOTL IEM, or does that not exist as the Vega is end game in that category?

My budget is $1500 to $2200 for such an IEM.

Thank you!

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 52
I think the consensus is that the EE Legend X is the basshead endgame.

May 17, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 52
Oh wow, it appears you have the Tia Trio? I hadn't mentioned those in my post, but heard that * may * the next step up? While I like bass and is my main driver, I don't want it to muddy up the other sound stages. The Vega does a pretty good job of that. What are your thoughts on the Trio vs Vega?

Ill check out the Legend X. Thank you!

May 17, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 52
I haven't heard the Vega, but the Trio's bass is outstanding. It's a mildly V-shaped signature while retaining clarity and detail throughout. I think the difference is that the Legend X takes the bass a step further. It's still supposed to have a lot of detail elsewhere, but the bass is the dominant aspect of the signature. I haven't heard it myself so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but I definitely wouldn't describe the trio as a basshead-type IEM.

May 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 52
Solaris doesn’t really satisfy my basshead cravings... it’s good for genres that benefit from its holographic soundstage and imaging capabilities but if I need that bass itch scratched it just doesn’t cut it.

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 52
Another vote for Sony IER-Z1R...
I think you owe yourself to give that one a listen.

May 17, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #13 of 52
Z1R has some great qualities but it is by no means a basshead IEM. If you're coming from the Vega and want the best possible evolute of that sort of sound then what you want imho is the Legend X.

May 17, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 52
Turned up to 11 from what would you consider the Vega? In other words is it drastically better?

It is a completely different level. The bass on the Vega is good but the Legend is visceral, I can feel it in my stomach its strange. It's hard to explain without listening to it. It has two 9mm dynamic drivers and one is dedicated purely to the sub-bass if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back