Campfire Vega Review
Oct 13, 2018 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Medikill

100+ Head-Fier
Preface:
- These headphones i purchased myself and this review is in no way sponsored. This is just my honest opinion about the headphones and my experience with them as a whole.
- I bought these headphones for casual listening, specifically for portable use. I predominantly used this with my Iphone X streaming Tidal HiFi and using a Dragonfly black v1.5 via CCK.

Design and ergonomics (8.5/10)
- The rotatable MCX connector can be troublesome as the connector is further attached to a memory wire, thus limiting its wear to only over ear. I do not mind over ear as i usually find it more comfortable, however in this instance due to the weight of the actual IEM and the rotatable connection, getting a good fit each time, especially when in a rush was cumbersome.
- Other than that, the design and ergonomics are flawless, the design is beautiful, and the materials are premium. In hand, the ear IEM portion has a nice weight and the metallic finish feels splendid to touch. The included litz cable is also very high quality and the connectors are also good.
- the range of ear tips given in the box (18) is good. There is a good selection to ensure a good seal and suitable size of tips are found to suit your external auditory meatus.

Sound (8.5/10)
- Bass: As in other reviews, I also found the bass to really be the headphones best sonic quality. The bass is tight and provided you are listening to a good source, the detail is exquisite. It is very easy to differentiate the different instruments producing the bass in all genres of music, i personally particularly found that the clarity of bass guitars very compelling. The bass extension is good and at no point is it muddy.
- Mids: I found that the mids were recessed, especially if the recording inherently had a lot of high notes. I particularly didn't mind this, however some might. I'm not to sure what else to comments on the mids, as it was hard to judge with these IEM's unless you really listened for it.
- Highs: for me, the highs, especially at high volumes become too harsh. Particularly, tambourines, triangles and female vocals. This made some songs quite unpleasant to listen to. This could be fixed using an EQ, but at this price point i would expect that this shouldn't be required. Otherwise the highs were nice, in some songs, you could really hear a "sparkle" if that makes any sense.

Overall
- I would say these headphones are suited to a person who likes to listen to slightly warm IEM's. I would say someone who enjoys a lot of EDM/POP may not enjoy these headphones as much. Whilst someone who listens to Hip Hop / Jazz would really like these and truely appreciate their sound.
- I should add, that listening to MQA through my Macbook also really helped the headphones sound better, and honestly i would say that compared to portable use this is a much better application for thee IEMs. As such the rating below is more a reflection of my use of them.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back