Campfire Vega 2020
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #46 of 127
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #47 of 127
Thank you for sharing this!

The fact Darko used LCD Soundsytem in this review has me sold on one of these, just need to have a listen to them to decide which..

And then I'll have to start commuting back to work more often to justify the purchase :ksc75smile:
Vega is really fun but i think the Dorado is just technically better and more universal, being even more fun. Id go with these

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #49 of 127
Headfonics just released their review of the new Vega, they compared it to the dorado 2020, Atlas and andromeda 2020.

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-vega-2020/
"The resulting tuning for mids instrument and vocals timbre is now euphonic, creamy, and smooth whereas previously the Vega offered a sharper contrasting signature."

This is what I've been looking to find out. I've become so much more sensitive lately, and Atlas now causes my ears to fatigue quite quickly. This wasn't the case two years ago. Looking forward to getting out of this little financial hole and making this necessary upgrade. :D

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #55 of 127
Hey folks! I'm quite curious about the new Vega. I own Andromeda and Atlas, and while I LOVE the former, I really didn't get along with the Atlas, which I found... too much. Too intense. Too bassy. Too full-bodied (not in a fun way like the K10). Too. Much.

I do like the idea of a single-driver IEM to complement the Andros and K10s. But at this price it better be damn perfect! It'd take a BIG step up from Atlas for me to consider it...
Does it achieve this improvement? From what I read, the sound is more balanced, and with a wider soundstage, which does seem tempting.

My main music style is metal, of all genres.
(one thing: I do not listen to lossless files, listening instead to Spotify on highest quality. Andromeda-levels of clarity is about as good as I'm willing to go, so I am not too worried here)

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #56 of 127
This is interesting....

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 12.36.50.png

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #57 of 127
Just received the Vega 2020 a couple of days ago... :gs1000smile:

form factor 100% great, lightweight, cable is fine, memory wire not too strong....and the isolation is quite good. The ceramic part frightened me a bit...reminds me of... porcelain :santa: but you get used to it. Maybe it's because i'm used to custom iems until now in silicone.

not an sound expert so i'll keep quiet but seems good to me. Bass is great, yet not bleeding into the rest in my opinion....works quite good with techno :beerchug:, and the soundstage, not immense but i don't think about it with instruments being so lively and hearing actually quite a good share of details!

Have to try the classical now....

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #60 of 127
Just got these for a very nice price... Plan to use them as my exercise IEM's. Very initial impressions (I know that these sound substantially different after about 100 hours thanks to owning the Atlas prior), male vocals are the star of the show for me. Very nice and full bodied, definitely jump out more than I was expecting and are the highlight of these. A little more mid bass centric to my ears when compared to the Dorado 2020. The Dorado is undoubtedly the superior IEM, having more air, detail with a sub bass bias and generally seeming more proficient ... but these are good and sound better for male vocals imo! It has its own flavour, smooth and easy to listen to. The Atlas was definitely a bit more feral, the Vega 2020 seems more 'mature' and has slightly better technicalities. These really benefit from a cable change or the use of a balanced output, I can't put my finger on which yet but they really came to life going from the SE200's 3.5mm to 2.5mm. If it's anything like its predecessor its likely due to the increased power output. Overall, very pleased with the purchase (especially for the price I paid!) looking forward to seeing where burn in takes them!

EA3AE34B-8550-45B7-A17B-F2CBEBA43131.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back