Campfire Vega 2020
Oct 29, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #31 of 127
"The Vega 2020 implements a derivative of the same 10mm driver used in the Atlas, a step up in size from the 8.5mm driver in the Atlas."

The driver in the Atlas is 10mm. OG Vega had an 8.5mm driver I believe.

My mistake, meant to stay Vega there, fixed thanks!

Oct 30, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #32 of 127
Just posted up my Vega 2020 review complete with extensive comparisons to the CFA Dorado 2020, Atlas and OG Vega in addition to some other single-DD models such as the A8000 and Xelento. Review here.

I think most could tell I was not completely happy with the sound out of the box, it was a bit too full and laid-back in the midrange for my preferences despite the step-up in coherence and timbre over the previous CFA DD flagships. However, after testing with the bright leaning Azla Xelastec tips, I found myself enjoying them a lot more. The E-tips especially have quite a dense sound and tend to subtly lift the lower-treble so they don't pair well with the Vega's already full and smooth tuning. The Azla tips open up the upper-midrange and provide a slightly more even bass and treble for an overall more balanced experience whilst retaining an inviting richness and strong coherence.

Even with the aftermarket tips, I still wouldn't recommend this to someone wanting a balanced or revealing earphone, the Dorado 2020 certainly offers more balance and definition, but it's a strong choice if you are averse to midrange thinness, rasp or sharpness and want a very well-structured and robust sound in a compact and super-premium shell. Enjoy the read and questions welcome!

Great review! Thanks. It sounds like the new Vega has taken most of its tuning cues from the Atlas and melded them with some attributes of the Lyra II in the name of coherency. The new Dorado sounds like an evolution of the Atlas’s tuning albeit more balanced. Interesting tuning choices.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 127
Do you have any plans to review the Dorado 2020 in the near future?

I have the Dorado in at the moment, will be working on it in the next weeks after exams!

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #36 of 127
https://ear-fidelity.com/2020/11/09/campfire-audio-vega-2020/

It's here! :L3000:
P8430558.jpg

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #40 of 127
It literally sounds like an updated Lyra II more than anything, while the Dorado sounds to be more like an updated Atlas but more balanced.
The Lyra II is one of my all time favorite iems, that I use daily, and now I am extremely interested in the Vega 2020!

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #44 of 127
How do you like the Dorado 2020?

Really enjoying them, they are really itching that craving that I wanted. I basically wanted a more bass accentuated tuning with slightly more mid bass while still being quite technical (more so than the Atlas anyway). So yeah, now im just waiting for my balanced cable to come from plussound and ill be set. Its going to be a killer looking pairing. I'll be sure to take photos when it comes.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #45 of 127
Really enjoying them, they are really itching that craving that I wanted. I basically wanted a more bass accentuated tuning with slightly more mid bass while still being quite technical (more so than the Atlas anyway). So yeah, now im just waiting for my balanced cable to come from plussound and ill be set. Its going to be a killer looking pairing. I'll be sure to take photos when it comes.
Great!

I use the Ara for more technical tuning when i want that, but if i simply want to have some fun and that musicality, i use the Dorado 2020 and it's brilliant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back