Campfire Vega 2020
Oct 20, 2020 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 127
Hey All,

Campfire Vega 2020!

Premium materials, custom Campfire audio audiophile ADLC 10mm full range dynamic driver, high polished zirconium ceramic shell, stainless steel spout, all hand built in Portland Oregon USA. Building on the success of the original CA Vega we have further improved the overall design and increased the speaker diameter from 8.5mm to 10mm in the all new Vega 2020.

Vega-2020---Front-Sticker-(1000x1000).jpg

Vega 2020:

Revisiting a popular design is not a task to be taken lightly. Critical and commercial success engenders good feelings and raises the expectations for the inevitable sequel.

Vega 2020 takes all the excellent and innovative aspects of the original 2016 design and improves upon them. Redesigned larger dynamic driver. Improved material selection and design. It’s all here, new and improved for 2020.

Dynamic Driver
Full Range 10mm A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver
All new Ceramic body style
Stainless Steel Spout with High Polish Finish
Custom Beryllium / Copper MMCX

Tech Specs:
SPL: 94dB @ 1k: 19.86 mVrs
Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 20 kHz
Earphone Impedance: 36 Ohm @ 1k

MSRP $899

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 20, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 127
Very similar to the OG only when I A/B the Vega 2020 everything is larger, cleaner with bigger soundstage.

Here is look inside. Philosophy is still less is more, love the full range driver on this one, ADLC custom CFA 10mm.

Thanks all,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 127
Man! The Vega 2020 has my attention, as I always wished I had bought one of the OG's before they were discontinued, and now it is improved and cheaper.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 127
Not for earphones it hasn't. Quite stoked about the Vega...not gonna lie. Headphone Bar has them in stock too.

Oct 21, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #12 of 127
Ha yeah true - maybe we need earphones more than ever, given the world around us!
My thoughts exactly! I would have gone crazy without my iems and headphones, as they keep me sane no doubt.

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 127
My thoughts exactly! I would have gone crazy without my iems and headphones, as they keep me sane no doubt.

Can't underestimate this. The happiness afforded me by my audio gear took a good deal of the edge of the comparative isolation I was in throughout spring.

Edit: I really hope someone who loved the OG Vega will post a comparison with the new one. The Vega was considerably overshadowed by the Andromeda, especially in recent years. Still every now and again I see an impression or comment from someone who still loves the OG Vega and prefers the density and tightness of its bass over that of later IEMs like the Atlas. I've never heard the Vega but have come close to purchasing one a few times. I'm curious to hear if the 2020 contains whatever secret spice people loved about the OG.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 127
Can't underestimate this. The happiness afforded me by my audio gear took a good deal of the edge of the comparative isolation I was in throughout spring.

Edit: I really hope someone who loved the OG Vega will post a comparison with the new one. The Vega was considerably overshadowed by the Andromeda, especially in recent years. Still every now and again I see an impression or comment from someone who still loves the OG Vega and prefers the density and tightness of its bass over that of later IEMs like the Atlas. I've never heard the Vega but have come close to purchasing one a few times. I'm curious to hear if the 2020 contains whatever secret spice people loved about the OG.
I enjoy the large sound of Atlas very much. I eventually was upgraded from Vega to Atlas, and it filled the void. I always missed Vega though. Something truly special about its behavior. Looking forward to selling Atlas and going for Vega 2020 soon. Woohoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back