Campfire - Solaris
Jan 20, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #10,861 of 12,035
Does it sound (really) different to the 2020 `?
No, it's not a "night and day" difference.
I believe in a prior post, I likened the amount of difference between the LE and 2020 to be roughly equivalent to the amount of difference between the SE and the 2020 - the specific differences are different, of course, but I'm more referring roughly to the amount of change.
I would call it an evolved sound, but nothing revolutionary.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #10,862 of 12,035
No, it's not a "night and day" difference.
I believe in a prior post, I likened the amount of difference between the LE and 2020 to be roughly equivalent to the amount of difference between the SE and the 2020 - the specific differences are different, of course, but I'm more referring roughly to the amount of change.
I would call it an evolved sound, but nothing revolutionary.
Would it be logical that the midrange is a bit softened due to the extra size and extension? The 2020 midrange BA was the part some folks took issue with on the 2020.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #10,863 of 12,035
Would it be logical that the midrange is a bit softened due to the extra size and extension? The 2020 midrange BA was the part some folks took issue with on the 2020.
hmm...I'm not sure I would describe it as softer than the 2020, no. in fact, i found the midrange to be slightly elevated and more textural (both good things in my opinion). But i think this is, as you said, due to the housing and not the driver (since the driver is the same). As I've listened to it more, I have also been finding a bit more cohesiveness between the BAs and DD, so that may also be playing a part.

Jan 21, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #10,864 of 12,035
20210122_073316.jpg

Hi, just drop by.. while waiting DX300 today, I was trying for Hiss in this pairing.
Gladly to say, this stack can give better black background, then direct to my DX220.
Aside from that, I felt clarity and decay is much better direct to DX220.. well can not have it all..

Have good day, and stay healthy ....

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #10,865 of 12,035
I am confident it won't do the trick for you. Your Elysium is superior to the Nio.
I don't own either - although they're on my radar - and hence have no skin in the game (so to speak).
But I'd suggest that 'superior' is pretty subjective.
If one were looking for a smooth, warm, low-fatigue, thick IEM with a raised low end presence and significant bass impact, they would find the Neo 'superior' to the Elysium (based on the extensive reports on the sound signatures of both of these acclaimed IEMs :)

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #10,871 of 12,035
That's the point! 😎
Excellent.
Will be curious to hear your impressions.
I no longer have the 2020, but did have it for a few days along with the LE...preferred the LE overall as I’ve said previously.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #10,874 of 12,035
Could you copy paste it? Im curious 😎
My impressions were pretty brief and not particularly sophisticated.

Differences are subtle, but noticeable. Wider soundstage, slightly more elevated/textured mids, smoother/airier treble. Also found a bit more cohesive. As I've listened to the LE more, I've found the DD to open up a bit, with just a bit more sub-bass slam.
Again, subtle differences. The wider stage may be the more dramatic difference.

Jan 27, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #10,875 of 12,035
Long Time user of the OG Solaris. AMP broke and need an AMP that can tame the hiss of the OG Solaris.
Having used ifi Zen dac and Fiio K5 pro before, Zen dac is giving too much distracting hiss. Any suggestions guys?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back