Campfire - Solaris
Nov 24, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #10,531 of 12,035
Thanks Rockewell75. Your comment is so very helpful. Since the 2020 and SE of Solaris is quite similar, i probably wont get them, albeit at such an attractive price.
I also paid full price for the 2020 version when it came out :) oh well...we can't win them all.

I will continue to find my next W or V shaped IEM. I am now thinking Vision Ears.
Never stop thinking about spending $.
What are you looking for sound wise exactly?

I recently had the VE8 and VE ELYSIUM for review, and had MEST simultaneously. All fabulous iem’s. Actually posted my impressions of the VE on the tour thread.

I really recommend MEST. I think it’s the best iem not named Z1R or KSE1500

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 24, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #10,532 of 12,035
Z1R or KSE1500

I would persoally take either Andro or Solaris over either of those. I'm excited to finally hear the MEST, though, either later this week or early next.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #10,533 of 12,035
What are you looking for sound wise exactly?

I recently had the VE8 and VE ELYSIUM for review, and had MEST simultaneously. All fabulous iem’s. Actually posted my impressions of the VE on the tour thread.

I really recommend MEST. I think it’s the best iem not named Z1R or KSE1500
I am looking for an alternative sound signature either with a V or W shape but not a less bright IEM. I do like the Solaris 2020 for pop, piano, and acoustic music but might not be best for orchestral music. Just want to add one more IEM in my collection if I can find a good deal. Thanks all for sharing your feedback :) much appreciated!

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #10,534 of 12,035
I would persoally take either Andro or Solaris over either of those. I'm excited to finally hear the MEST, though, either later this week or early next.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the Solaris!

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #10,535 of 12,035
Would love to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the Solaris!

I'm stoked to finally be able to compare the two. Honestly based on reports the MEST is the only other IEM I know of that really goes for the same type of tuning philosophy as the Solaris so it should be a very interesting comparison.

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #10,536 of 12,035
it will definitely be an interesting comparison that will interest a lot of us around here. :)

I love the Solaris and is always good to see some comparisons.

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #10,539 of 12,035
PS.: for those ones with Samsung phones, give the Solaris a try with the tips from those cheap earbuds in the box. They are wide bore and incredibly comfortable.
20201125_104756~3.jpg20201125_104803~2.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #10,540 of 12,035
PS.: for those ones with Samsung phones, give the Solaris a try with the tips from those cheap earbuds in the box. They are wide bore and incredibly comfortable.
20201125_104756~3.jpg20201125_104803~2.jpg
hahaha.. nice finding, like me when I prefer choose TFZ king eartips then Comply or Adna.. before go to custom.. still have it in pair where ever I go..

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #10,541 of 12,035
if people are looking for bass with good dynamics then i think that's where these two fall flat. can't wait for your impressions on mest tho!! those always peaked my interest. i'll soon have my over the top custom wood planar tribrid vented iem, can't wait for it aswell.

a lot of people say that the mest is just a campfire audio iem but without the wonky tonality so i think as a solaris veteran your opinion will have a good amount of weight and importance for the community. i may be a V shape sloot, but i can understand the appeal in sola tonality and why others might enjoy it more.

i would say tho that it's probably the most non offending iem.. ever. i don't think it ever bothered my ears or had a peak too high unless i switched from my planar iems to them and forgot to switch the volume, causing me to absolutely blast annihilate my ears lol.

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #10,542 of 12,035
on a different note, anyone has solaris internal pictures? non official ones, i saw a lot of campfire audio iem internal pics which have a good amount of glue in them - i want to send my solaris OG to mod them and change their config into an absolute bass monster, i cannot let go of their shell, simply gorgeous, every time i take them out of their case to just look at them and consider selling 0.1 seconds into them being out and my mind changes. even if i'm not fond of the sound for the life of me i cannot sell an iem so goddamn gorgeous.

so.. if anyone has nonofficial internal pics of either one of the trio solarises, would highly appreciate. and if not i'll probably have to open them myself to see.

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #10,543 of 12,035
on a different note, anyone has solaris internal pictures? non official ones, i saw a lot of campfire audio iem internal pics which have a good amount of glue in them - i want to send my solaris OG to mod them and change their config into an absolute bass monster, i cannot let go of their shell, simply gorgeous, every time i take them out of their case to just look at them and consider selling 0.1 seconds into them being out and my mind changes. even if i'm not fond of the sound for the life of me i cannot sell an iem so goddamn gorgeous.

so.. if anyone has nonofficial internal pics of either one of the trio solarises, would highly appreciate. and if not i'll probably have to open them myself to see.

What kind of mod are you planning to do to turn them to bass monster.

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #10,544 of 12,035
What kind of mod are you planning to do to turn them to bass monster.
probably literal reconfiguration, they're massive shells, if it's not filled and annihilated with glue inside i'll probably send them to a friend to have them modded into one of their models, but inside the solaris shell. basically paying for a new iem.

yes, i understand how silly it is.
no, i cannot let go of them they're too goddamn gorgeous.

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #10,545 of 12,035

I’ll be interested to see this as well... want to see what the internals were like before the creation of the ‘boot’ in the 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back