Campfire - Solaris
Nov 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #10,516 of 12,035
getting a new interesting cable soon, gold plated copper + palladium plated silver, 21 awg 4 core. can't wait to see how the solaris OGs pair with it :) i'll probably need to get a normal occ silver sometime tho to see what all the fuss' about
Skip the gold plated copper + palladium plated silver and just get an OCC silver. It will sound better and be less money.

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #10,517 of 12,035
Skip the gold plated copper + palladium plated silver and just get an OCC silver. It will sound better and be less money.
already ordered haha, it peaked my interest. i'll be using it on my planar dd est iem too, so i'm mainly looking for a cable that brings an interesting sound to the table rather than full blast details, already got those :p

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #10,518 of 12,035
I call this piece “Ode to my CA Solaris OG” :wink:

With all my items considered on the chopping block once again
Reminds me of my my little gold-plated friend
So small and despised by the most technical critics
There is a vivid and magical acoustics change hiding within its image
It does more than play almost any track so gracefully
Almost to the point where I imagine myself residing in a time machine
How much it punishes me for re-evaluating it’s monetary value
Comes an omen of painful sonic regret
Flowing as typhoon-or-monsoon-scaled deluge
No other set will bring back its magic
Even reminding me that this replacement will replay unwanted static
Such a fickle type of audio equipment
It’s real value lies entrenched in decades of auditory sentiment
Must I go on paving a longer path into my soul
It’s apparently also a thresher, as I must reap what I sow
It goes back into its leather case to sleep
While I reiterate myself that it must continue to play for me
And stop this legacy that makes me weep

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #10,527 of 12,035
i saw the Solaris Special Edition for $1199 today. May I ask other head fi the sound difference between Solaris 2020 and Special Edition?
Thanks for sharing your thought

I had a brief demo of the 2020 and imho there is a very marginal difference between the two, with the main difference being that the 2020 has a dash more refinement and "sparkle" up top. I know some have described the 2020 as bright by YMMV there...I certainly would not describe any variant of Solaris as "bright".

U12t and Solaris...What is the big difference in sound signature. Thanks.

They are totally different. u12t has a "just the facts maam" sort of presentation that leaves it lacking a degree of engagement/excitement to my ears. The bass on the u12t is nice though I would personally rec even the Andro 2020 over the u12t...you're taking a minor ding in technical chops for a much more engaging and alluring sound (imho).

Edit: The "b-stock" SE at that price is getting a mixed reaction from me as I pretty much paid full price for what looks to me to be a b-stock piece. You can't win them all I guess.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #10,528 of 12,035
Thanks Rockewell75. Your comment is so very helpful. Since the 2020 and SE of Solaris is quite similar, i probably wont get them, albeit at such an attractive price.
I also paid full price for the 2020 version when it came out :) oh well...we can't win them all.

I will continue to find my next W or V shaped IEM. I am now thinking Vision Ears.
Never stop thinking about spending $.

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #10,530 of 12,035
Thanks Rockewell75. Your comment is so very helpful. Since the 2020 and SE of Solaris is quite similar, i probably wont get them, albeit at such an attractive price.
I also paid full price for the 2020 version when it came out :) oh well...we can't win them all.

I will continue to find my next W or V shaped IEM. I am now thinking Vision Ears.
Never stop thinking about spending $.
Edit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back