Campfire - Solaris
Oct 9, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #10,351 of 12,035
the 4.4 out.

This was the clincher for me too-- it allows me to use my balanced cable with both my Macbook and my DAP....and it sounds soo good.

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #10,352 of 12,035
B3271CCD-8E63-477E-A160-BE8536B68829.JPEG

Currently enjoying mine through the PAW S1.

How do you like the S1? That's super tempting - I've been meaning to to get a new stick based form factor source since I'm past the Dragonfly with two units failing on me.

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #10,353 of 12,035
How do you like the S1? That's super tempting - I've been meaning to to get a new stick based form factor source since I'm past the Dragonfly with two units failing on me.

The S1 is an amazing source for both CFA IEMs that I own...can't recommend it enough.

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #10,354 of 12,035
I am loving my Paw S1 but sometimes my audio gets interrupted for about 2 seconds as the device disconnects then it reconnects, it only happens on my PC and not on my phone does anyone else have this problem? It could be because I'm using the front USB panel on my case I guess or something, very strange. I think it's most likely because of the paw laying on my case but the cable going up in the air out of the input. If only I could find some longer USB-C cable that works with the paw but so far I've tried 3 cables and that extender and none have worked! I'll try to do some research and find a longer cable that works and I will post here if I find one because maybe some other people also have this problem.

Other than that continuing to be amazed and loving the sound more and more each day as the IEMS continue to burn in (I haven't done overnight burn-ins or anything).

For those asking about how the paw s1 is with the solaris I can say with certainty that it sounds way better than my chord mojo did and I'm really surprised at how good it sounds for the price! :)

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #10,355 of 12,035
I am loving my Paw S1 but sometimes my audio gets interrupted for about 2 seconds as the device disconnects then it reconnects, it only happens on my PC and not on my phone does anyone else have this problem? It could be because I'm using the front USB panel on my case I guess or something, very strange. I think it's most likely because of the paw laying on my case but the cable going up in the air out of the input. If only I could find some longer USB-C cable that works with the paw but so far I've tried 3 cables and that extender and none have worked! I'll try to do some research and find a longer cable that works and I will post here if I find one because maybe some other people also have this problem.

Other than that continuing to be amazed and loving the sound more and more each day as the IEMS continue to burn in (I haven't done overnight burn-ins or anything).

For those asking about how the paw s1 is with the solaris I can say with certainty that it sounds way better than my chord mojo did and I'm really surprised at how good it sounds for the price! :)

Do you think it sounds better than the black background or because of the more neutral signature? My primary source is the Mojo now too. Musicteck has a like new for sale for 140...maybe I should grab it :p

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #10,356 of 12,035
Do you think it sounds better than the black background or because of the more neutral signature? My primary source is the Mojo now too. Musicteck has a like new for sale for 140...maybe I should grab it :p

I would say both factor in. The black background is very nice for sure. When I first switched I was underwhelmed but after listening for a bit the paw just sounded better to my ears. When I go back and forth the mojo seems to be a lot more laid back while the paw s1 sounds very sharp and detailed. I also really prefer the signature of the s1 combined with the solaris over that of the mojo paired with it. I was absolutely amazed at the sound when I first got the iems playing through the mojo but the hiss was really annoying me, I wasn't expecting the s1 to sound any better than the mojo but to just have a nice black background and was really surprised when I discovered I prefer the overall sound and presentation of the s1 more.

Edit: Update, the extender works if you plug it into the usb-c to usb converter that comes with the paw! No more audio cutting out! :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #10,357 of 12,035
Any recommendations on budget (under $200) cable pairings for the solaris? Looking for something thin, light, with no memory wire and a good splitter since I'm active with them.

Thanks!

CEMA 175 ... Probably the best 200 dollar cable. Or Effect Audio Vogue Series

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #10,358 of 12,035
Thanks all! WIll def check out the Super Smoky Litz.

Grabbed myself an S1, will be here Wednesday!

Oct 11, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #10,360 of 12,035
Dunu Blanche just came in. Testing with 2.5 and amp1ii today, 4.4 and amp8ex tomorrow. Sounds great so far.

20201001_130821.jpg

You will immediately notice bigger everything on the amp8, compared to the markii...

Oct 11, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #10,361 of 12,035
Thanks. I will likely go ADV the first time to see how it feels and to get the 3D file. Then consider Custom Art moving forward. I don't mind the Solaris touching my outer ear, but the width of the available tips and lack of what I find to be a perfect ratio of width:depth has been a constant struggle with Solaris, and the only one that's really hindered my experience with what, to my ears, has been the best pair of IEMs I've tried.

Just to add another to the mix have a look at ambient acoustics for custom. I have both the ADV custom tips and ambient acoustics full silicone shells for my OG solaris. I much prefer the Ambient acoustics. So much so that the ADV are collecting dust and I only keep them in the chance that I lose the Ambient ones. Even then I would probably still order another set from Ambient.
The finish on the ADV is better but as they insert deeper they kind of tickle for a bit and I found when I first got them due to weight of the solaris you would have to fiddle a little to get a proper seal. Ambient are imo are more comfortable and sound wise noticeably bass is better and soundstage is bigger. Tbh I would recommend anyone that is thinking of getting rid of their Solaris due to being bass light to get the ambient custom shells before getting rid of them.

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #10,362 of 12,035
Just to add another to the mix have a look at ambient acoustics for custom. I have both the ADV custom tips and ambient acoustics full silicone shells for my OG solaris. I much prefer the Ambient acoustics. So much so that the ADV are collecting dust and I only keep them in the chance that I lose the Ambient ones. Even then I would probably still order another set from Ambient.
The finish on the ADV is better but as they insert deeper they kind of tickle for a bit and I found when I first got them due to weight of the solaris you would have to fiddle a little to get a proper seal. Ambient are imo are more comfortable and sound wise noticeably bass is better and soundstage is bigger. Tbh I would recommend anyone that is thinking of getting rid of their Solaris due to being bass light to get the ambient custom shells before getting rid of them.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #10,364 of 12,035
I would say both factor in. The black background is very nice for sure. When I first switched I was underwhelmed but after listening for a bit the paw just sounded better to my ears. When I go back and forth the mojo seems to be a lot more laid back while the paw s1 sounds very sharp and detailed. I also really prefer the signature of the s1 combined with the solaris over that of the mojo paired with it. I was absolutely amazed at the sound when I first got the iems playing through the mojo but the hiss was really annoying me, I wasn't expecting the s1 to sound any better than the mojo but to just have a nice black background and was really surprised when I discovered I prefer the overall sound and presentation of the s1 more.

Edit: Update, the extender works if you plug it into the usb-c to usb converter that comes with the paw! No more audio cutting out! :)

Yeah...chips have gotten so small that SoCs can fit into connectors, hence the creation of USB-C. I am glad that the USB-C 3.2 extender I recommended works with your Lotoo S1.

Oct 12, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #10,365 of 12,035
20201012_073756.jpg

Been a while not drop by here...

As I had mention before, ifi Hip Dac will go rage (over exaggerated) of Hiss if pair with Solaris even in 4.4 TRRS...
Today, I remember when Twister mention how to control Hiss (DX220Max review) when ur music player is seperate from AMP... u Lower the Volume on music player around 70. viola... Hip DaC free hiss on Solaris OG... hahaha... but doesn't mean better in term of soundstage, clarity etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back