Campfire - Solaris
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #5,971 of 12,035
20190807_075927.jpg

Good Morning... so quite here...

Well, in that case, I willing to tried custom eartip for Solaris...
20190806_121517.jpg 20190806_121511.jpg
The question here.. Will 3D scanning and ear impression will make devaluation in measurement?

the Hard mold will be done in the next 2 weeks..

Song for today, LSD - Heaven can wait

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,972 of 12,035
Has anyone considered trying the Andromeda Special Edition Gold? Super intriguing to me.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #5,974 of 12,035
Curious to learn what, if any, are the sound impression differences between the SE Andromeda Gold and Solaris.

Nothing short of a DD will be able to produce the beautiful timbre of Solaris bass on an Andro.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #5,975 of 12,035
Nothing short of a DD will be able to produce the beautiful timbre of Solaris bass on an Andro.

Good point. And yet, you changed your image and now I fear that you've given up on Solaris entirely!

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #5,977 of 12,035
Good point. And yet, you changed your image and now I fear that you've given up on Solaris entirely!

I haven't given up on it lol...it's a tremendous IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #5,982 of 12,035

I may find myself back in the Solaris club soon enough. After two weeks of only the Z1R I found myself still struggling with fit. Encouraged by a friend on Discord I tried Solaris again and was impressed with how well it fit me and amazed at how much I missed its beautiful balanced signature. The bass and treble extension on the Z1R are wonderful...but the more robust midrange and holographic soundstage of the Solaris may yet win the day for me.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #5,983 of 12,035
I may find myself back in the Solaris club soon enough. After two weeks of only the Z1R I found myself still struggling with fit. Encouraged by a friend on Discord I tried Solaris again and was impressed with how well it fit me and amazed at how much I missed its beautiful balanced signature. The bass and treble extension on the Z1R are wonderful...but the more robust midrange and holographic soundstage of the Solaris may yet win the day for me.
I hear ya on the balance, midrange and the excellent stage. The Atlas and Solaris are both stellar. Such strong compliments for each other, glad to own both.

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #5,984 of 12,035
i see ur cup of tea is changing... its ok though... I also change mine... Since trying ZMF Verite, I want my solaris to be like that... Warm yet detail...
I recommend u tried DX221mk2, if u want to try a different mid experience with Solaris...

Hehehe... I find Solaris is scaleable... or source dependant, DAP, Cable, and now eartip...
I am in the phase of making custom ear tips for it...
Quite difficult to get information about the custom ear tip especially for Solaris especially lly the sound Impression. So I took the hit...
I believe Ken once said, Solaris if fit correctly in ur ear, will make a wonderful flow of rhythm (I made up the last word), to the point/what i mean, Fitting is important...

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #5,985 of 12,035
i see ur cup of tea is changing... its ok though... I also change mine... Since trying ZMF Verite, I want my solaris to be like that... Warm yet detail...
I recommend u tried DX221mk2, if u want to try a different mid experience with Solaris...

Hehehe... I find Solaris is scaleable... or source dependant, DAP, Cable, and now eartip...
I am in the phase of making custom ear tips for it...
Quite difficult to get information about the custom ear tip especially for Solaris especially lly the sound Impression. So I took the hit...
I believe Ken once said, Solaris if fit correctly in ur ear, will make a wonderful flow of rhythm (I made up the last word), to the point/what i mean, Fitting is important...
It’s very important, for every iem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back