Campfire - Solaris
Aug 1, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #5,956 of 12,035
Guessing the Sony's will give me the same fit problems given their size...

Maybe maybe not. It's conceivable that the Sony fit you fine even if the Solaris doesn't. Try the Sony if you get the chance.

Yeah ... waiting for comparison:)

I'm working on a Head-Fi review of the Z1R...hoping to have it up tomorrow.

Aug 1, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #5,957 of 12,035
Maybe maybe not. It's conceivable that the Sony fit you fine even if the Solaris doesn't. Try the Sony if you get the chance.

I'm working on a Head-Fi review of the Z1R...hoping to have it up tomorrow.
Fine :) just got the Sony’s ex1000 and very surprised of the price ratio :) so even more excited to read what their new model has to offer in compair to Solaris :)

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #5,960 of 12,035
you may be surprised with the fit of z1r vs solaris. i had problem with solaris fit but i managed a deep insert with z1r.
I have a problem with z1r fit but not with Solaris. Z1R IEM is bigger than Solaris and much heavier. The cable does not have the flexible part like Solaris that helps a lot to keep the IEM in my ears. The fit is the main reason why I returned Z1R, but not the only one. I found that the sound of Solaris much superior than the one of Z1R in all aspects (except maybe the bass where Z1R goes deeper than Solaris)

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #5,963 of 12,035
Try the Atlas it will make your head vibrate on some tracks :gs1000smile:

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #5,964 of 12,035
At about 198 hours of burn in and these things now sound much more cohesive to me with a little bit more mellowed bass. Has anyone used the old Litz cables with these, will I notice a large difference in sound between the two? I can't stand the memory of the stock cable and won't have a chance to strip the plastic off of it for a little bit.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #5,967 of 12,035
It has the same bass Drivers as legend or not ?
I’m not sure how it’s configured but this much I do know, it kicks like a mule lol
@Layman1 will be able to explain better than myself as he auditioned the EE line up extensively at Canjam and settled on the Nemesis as his preferred bass cannon.
The Solaris has the same driver as the Atlas........

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #5,968 of 12,035
I’m not sure how it’s configured but this much I do know, it kicks like a mule lol
@Layman1 will be able to explain better than myself as he auditioned the EE line up extensively at Canjam and settled on the Nemesis as his preferred bass cannon.
The Solaris has the same driver as the Atlas........
thats true, but EE use "subwoofers" i dont know if u can tune them different .. cant say , i "only" have the legend , not the nemesis

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #5,969 of 12,035
thats true, but EE use "subwoofers" i dont know if u can tune them different .. cant say , i "only" have the legend , not the nemesis
@Layman1 spent nearly the whole weekend checking these out and I’m sure he can explain way more in depth than myself about the Nemesis......it’s a beast lol
Personally I preferred the Vantage as it’s tuned towards a 1960s guitar tube amp and more my preferred signature and not a million miles away from the Solaris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back