Campfire - Solaris
Jun 10, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #5,386 of 12,035
Jun 10, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #5,387 of 12,035
OK as promised my initial impressions:
Using both the DX220 and the Mojo/poly to test
Picture from left to Right
20190610_141235.jpg

Original stock cable.

Lovely balanced sound, I listen to vocals a lot so I tweaked the 2-4k region ip by maybe 2.5 Db. Now the stock cable sounds perfect. It all sounds like live music across the spectrum. Imaging is good but a little condensed for me.

My custom pure silver Litz cable.

The 2-4k tweak no longer needed. Is it because its silver or because it is balanced ? A tiny bit more detail.

The new CA cable Pure Silver Litz 2.5 balanced.

No tweaking here. Sounds the same as my home made cable. Maybe a little more detail and image. But, the wire is more flexible and I was surprised to fine thinner and more flexible than the stock. Also no ear hook memory wier like the stock.

This is now my new permanent cable, worth what it cost.

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #5,389 of 12,035
20190611_101042.jpg

Now I know my ear canal better, my left ear canal bore is bigger than my right.
so need to use large on left side. but if I force large eartip in the right, I experiencing Flex, but the isolation is very good.

so I used different size eartip, Large on the left, and Medium on the right...

Jun 10, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #5,390 of 12,035
OK as promised my initial impressions:
Using both the DX220 and the Mojo/poly to test
Picture from left to Right

Original stock cable.

Lovely balanced sound, I listen to vocals a lot so I tweaked the 2-4k region ip by maybe 2.5 Db. Now the stock cable sounds perfect. It all sounds like live music across the spectrum. Imaging is good but a little condensed for me.

My custom pure silver Litz cable.

The 2-4k tweak no longer needed. Is it because its silver or because it is balanced ? A tiny bit more detail.

The new CA cable Pure Silver Litz 2.5 balanced.

No tweaking here. Sounds the same as my home made cable. Maybe a little more detail and image. But, the wire is more flexible and I was surprised to fine thinner and more flexible than the stock. Also no ear hook memory wier like the stock.

This is now my new permanent cable, worth what it cost.

congratulation, you found the best match. May I know how much you bought for the
CA cable Pure Silver Litz 2.5 balanced ?

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #5,391 of 12,035
I bought it in the UK which is always a bit over inflated. It cost £199.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back