Campfire - Solaris
Jun 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #5,356 of 12,035
Damn auto correct it was supposed to be:

I bought the Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced for use on a Sony WM1Z and didn't care for it as the mids were very recessed.

I corrected the original post.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #5,357 of 12,035
Damn auto correct it was supposed to be:

I bought the Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced for use on a Sony WM1Z and didn't care for it as the mids were very recessed.

I corrected the original post.

Thats a great response, thank you very much... saved me a bit of money there. Can you give any more feedback on it? The mids were more recessed than the stock Slits I take it? How was everything else? Same bass response? More details?

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #5,358 of 12,035
I never used the Slitz as I only used balanced, so I was using the SXC8.

Other than the recessed mids it did improve the bass and details.

Jun 8, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #5,359 of 12,035
Yup...Spirals are the best...how are you liking Solaris?
So far I am enjoying the Solaris. The fit is fine for me, especially if I am standing and walking, if I am laying on my back I fidget with them a bit to maintain the seal. The Spiral Dots L are the best sounding tips I have for the Solaris, I even peeled a Mandarin. I am impressed with the ease at which the Solaris can be driven, I learned the hard way about volume. So far, I have been utilizing a Samsung S10+ and plan on critical listening with DAPs over the weekend. I was listening to Ezra Collective, You Can't Steal My Joy, this morning and all frequencies were represented clearly and on point. Overall signature is full and expansive. The stage doesn't appear to have defined edges, such as a square or rectangle, it expands wide and tall. Occasionally sounds appear at an odd point, for example, as if it is coming from the left side above my skull. Nice holographic feel. The treble has a bite, and extends well. The treble takes you to the edge of harsh at times but never goes all of the way there. I am treble sensitive but I find the treble close to perfect in its extension and level. I have found the Final E tips control the treble a touch more than the Spiral Dots, but I think it is mostly due to the bore size. The Final tips would be my overall second choice. My custom tips sound and seal great but they cause the IEM to resemble that JH Audio Frankenstein bolt look and stick too far out of my ears. The sub bass thump and bass throughout are less the Atlas but the bass is very controlled more so than the Atlas, but I currently have so many hours on the Atlas that it is now completely different(for the better) from the initial hours of listening. The bass is very dynamic and lively with a natural tone and texture. Overall the sound is clear, lively and quick. The bass is not forgotten as it is in many clear and dynamic IEM's. My experience, thus far, has been positive.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #5,360 of 12,035
Please let me know your findings! Are you going from a single ended to balanced output?

Currently using iBasso CB13 cable (2.5mm balanced cable).
I tried about 7 types of cables. First of all, i did not ask for each brand of the cables that are given to me for demo for fair testing. After some times of testing , I decided to take one of the cable that suit my taste. Then i asked the price, oppss.. the price really affordable. Then, i asked: what is the brand for this cable ? This is Uranus IEM-826 (2.5 Balanced) Pure Silver SPOCC cable. Maybe i'm still new in this audiophile thingy, i never heard of this brand at all.
But, who care. As long it fit me well.

Compare to iBasso CB13, I can listen more details in this cable without loss in Bass.
Bass is more deep than CB13.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #5,361 of 12,035
So far I am enjoying the Solaris. The fit is fine for me, especially if I am standing and walking, if I am laying on my back I fidget with them a bit to maintain the seal. The Spiral Dots L are the best sounding tips I have for the Solaris, I even peeled a Mandarin. I am impressed with the ease at which the Solaris can be driven, I learned the hard way about volume. So far, I have been utilizing a Samsung S10+ and plan on critical listening with DAPs over the weekend. I was listening to Ezra Collective, You Can't Steal My Joy, this morning and all frequencies were represented clearly and on point. Overall signature is full and expansive. The stage doesn't appear to have defined edges, such as a square or rectangle, it expands wide and tall. Occasionally sounds appear at an odd point, for example, as if it is coming from the left side above my skull. Nice holographic feel. The treble has a bite, and extends well. The treble takes you to the edge of harsh at times but never goes all of the way there. I am treble sensitive but I find the treble close to perfect in its extension and level. I have found the Final E tips control the treble a touch more than the Spiral Dots, but I think it is mostly due to the bore size. The Final tips would be my overall second choice. My custom tips sound and seal great but they cause the IEM to resemble that JH Audio Frankenstein bolt look and stick too far out of my ears. The sub bass thump and bass throughout are less the Atlas but the bass is very controlled more than the Atlas, but I currently have so many hours on the Atlas that it is now completely different(for the better) from the initial hours of listening. The bass is very dynamic and lively with a natural tone and texture. Overall the sound is clear, lively and quick. The bass is not forgotten as it is in many clear and dynamic IEM's. My experience, thus far, has been positive.
cant wait to hear mine :) will arrive next week, what do you think in compairson to EE Legend X ?

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #5,363 of 12,035
cant wait to hear mine :) will arrive next week, what do you think in compairson to EE Legend X ?

I have only heard the legend x at axpona. During that time I found that the legend x was not for me. To me it had boomy bass that bled into the mids. The Solaris is more natural sounding and even across the frequency range. I prefer the Solaris much more than the legend x. At the end of the day I guess that the legend x wasn't for me. Maybe it could grow on me but I didn't like it at first listen.

Lately I have found myself listening to the Khan more than my Solaris. It is just closer to the sound signature of the AB-1266Phi TC. The Solaris is quite like the focal clear to me.

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #5,364 of 12,035
I have only heard the legend x at axpona. During that time I found that the legend x was not for me. To me it had boomy bass that bled into the mids. The Solaris is more natural sounding and even across the frequency range. I prefer the Solaris much more than the legend x. At the end of the day I guess that the legend x wasn't for me. Maybe it could grow on me but I didn't like it at first listen.

Lately I have found myself listening to the Khan more than my Solaris. It is just closer to the sound signature of the AB-1266Phi TC. The Solaris is quite like the focal clear to me.
hmm okay...
my impression of the legend x is different , i dont think the bass bleed into the mids , sure it has a huge / strong bass but i dont find it boomy :D
we all have a different hearing :)
but thanks for your opinion :) enjoy the music

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5,365 of 12,035
hmm okay...
my impression of the legend x is different , i dont think the bass bleed into the mids , sure it has a huge / strong bass but i dont find it boomy :D
we all have a different hearing :)
but thanks for your opinion :) enjoy the music

These were just impressions from an audition at axpona this year. I had gone from the Solaris to the legend x at axpona so that also has something to do with it as well. The Solaris has great bass that is balanced with the rest of the frequency range. The legend x seems like a bass heads dream. I hope you will enjoy the Solaris. Many here do for sure.:wink:

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #5,366 of 12,035
These were just impressions from an audition at axpona this year. I had gone from the Solaris to the legend x at axpona so that also has something to do with it as well. The Solaris has great bass that is balanced with the rest of the frequency range. The legend x seems like a bass heads dream. I hope you will enjoy the Solaris. Many here do for sure.:wink:
i hope but believe it :) i think the solaris will complement my collection very well :)

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #5,367 of 12,035
i hope but believe it :) i think the solaris will complement my collection very well :)

I am sure that it will compliment to the legend x they are different for sure. I hope to try the legend x again soon. Unfortunately I am done spending for a bit. I went. Bit crazy in the past 6 months and my wallet needs a break.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #5,368 of 12,035
I am sure that it will compliment to the legend x they are different for sure. I hope to try the legend x again soon. Unfortunately I am done spending for a bit. I went. Bit crazy in the past 6 months and my wallet needs a break.
i hope u get the opportunity to give them a listen again :) i love my legend.
yeah same here , i bought the ACME8 , Cowon PL , R1 Zenith and the Solaris in a short time now... will take a break too now and enjoy what i have :D

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #5,369 of 12,035
I was trying to show some restraint and not respond so quickly regarding the Legend X. I have only had the Solaris for a few days and I have had the X since release. I truly chuckle at the impressions of how boomy the bass is on the X. The X is one of the most technically proficient IEMs I have heard. I always caution folks about quick listens and impressions. I have had the X for close to a year, I guess, and still haven't written my review. The X does have an overall more bassy overtone than the Solaris. One song I really like to use to evaluate IEMs is the FLAC version of Rush YYZ.

The X has changed for the better, just as has my well seasoned Atlas.

Using YYZ as the measure, the bass will be the first thing to strike you, it is more present with the X vs. Solaris. Overall the tone is more bassy with the X. The Solaris appears more balanced. The bass strikes hard and fast with the Solaris with quicker decay than the X. The mids are more present in the Solaris but they are tuned to display differently than the X, which are not interfered with by the bass, as some have stated. The treble extends very well in both, but is more present in the Solaris. Over the clarity and definition is greater in the Solaris but the timbre and tone of the X is right on. The X is less sharp and intense, with more rumble, the Solaris more crisp, airy and defined. Each compliment one another so well. I have listened to YYZ six times with each IEM as I write this. Y'all worked me for these impressions :smile_phones: A tale of two different signatures. I love both, but understand I have had the X for almost a year and the Solaris for a few days, I am sure change is imminent with the Solaris.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #5,370 of 12,035
I was trying to show some restraint and not respond so quickly regarding the Legend X. I have only had the Solaris for a few days and I have had the X since release. I truly chuckle at the impressions of how boomy the bass is on the X. The X is one of the most technically proficient IEMs I have heard. I always caution folks about quick listens and impressions. I have had the X for close to a year, I guess, and still haven't written my review. The X does have an overall more bassy overtone than the Solaris. One song I really like to use to evaluate IEMs is the FLAC version of YYZ.

The X has changed for the better, just as has my well seasoned Atlas.

Using YYZ as the measure, the bass will be the first thing to strike you, it is more present with the X vs. Solaris. Overall the tone is more bassy with the X. The Solaris appears more balanced. The bass strikes hard and fast with the Solaris with quicker decay than the X. The mids are more present in the Solaris but they are tuned to display differently than the X, which are not interfered with by the bass, as some have stated. The treble extends very well in both, but is more present in the Solaris. Over the clarity and definition is greater in the Solaris but the timbre and tone of the X is right on. The X is less sharp and intense, with more rumble, the Solaris more crisp, airy and defined. Each compliment one another so well. I have listened to YYZ six times with each IEM as I write this. Y'all worked me for these impressions :smile_phones: A tale of two different signatures. I love both, but understand I have had the X for almost a year and the Solaris for a few days, I am sure change is imminent with the Solaris.
thanks for this! :) now i have a good "picture"
i have and love my Legend X almost a year too. and will get my solaris next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back