Campfire - Solaris
Jun 5, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #5,341 of 12,035
I know this has been talked about ad nauseum but I have gone through every type of eartip I have, including customs, and the Spiral Dots give me the best seal and sound quality, so far with the Solaris.

Yup...Spirals are the best...how are you liking Solaris?

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #5,343 of 12,035
Guys (and girls) I'm looking for an upgrade cable for the balanced output on the AK SP1000M. From what I've read the included Super Litz is very good and I do enjoy the sound from it. I have tested the Pure silver lits from my Atlas and Im not overly keen on the lack of bass presence, the bass resonance seems to be too quick and punchy with this cable and I prefer the bass with the SPC Slits. So im looking at either the Effect Audio Ares II (Although I'm concerned this may place too much emphasis on the lower end of the spectrum and I lose some of the air and detail in the treble), the Eros II Hybrid Silver and copper cable (Although im worried that this will do the opposite and be like the pure silver Litz, making the bass seem unnatural) or I guess the 2.5mm Balanced campfire Slits. Has anyone had any experience with and of these cables and can give some feedback?

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #5,344 of 12,035
Guys (and girls) I'm looking for an upgrade cable for the balanced output on the AK SP1000M. From what I've read the included Super Litz is very good and I do enjoy the sound from it. I have tested the Pure silver lits from my Atlas and Im not overly keen on the lack of bass presence, the bass resonance seems to be too quick and punchy with this cable and I prefer the bass with the SPC Slits. So im looking at either the Effect Audio Ares II (Although I'm concerned this may place too much emphasis on the lower end of the spectrum and I lose some of the air and detail in the treble), the Eros II Hybrid Silver and copper cable (Although im worried that this will do the opposite and be like the pure silver Litz, making the bass seem unnatural) or I guess the 2.5mm Balanced campfire Slits. Has anyone had any experience with and of these cables and can give some feedback?
Yeah.. I am on process of ordering Slitz 4.4mm still OTW...
I am exp the same as you, Solaris is much better with Slitz then PureLitz... dunno why... IMO...

I think that guy can help #pointing @ExpatinJapan #heisdrunkinCorner...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #5,346 of 12,035
Yeah.. I am on process of ordering Slitz 4.4mm still OTW...
I am exp the same as you, Solaris is much better with Slitz then PureLitz... dunno why... IMO...

I think that guy can help #pointing @ExpatinJapan #heisdrunkinCorner...
using the CA 4.4mm super litz on the train at the moment with Andromeda V3 and FiiO M11

Smexy

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #5,347 of 12,035
No problem! My issue with them was that nasally quality. It was there, if slightly, and I'm a picky MF so it wouldn't stop bothering me. On the night before I sent them off to their new owner I tried the foam tips that came with my new U12T. It no longer bothered me! I was excited about the u12t and still sent of the Solaris though. Took me a couple days to realize how bright the U12T was and sold that off after a couple weeks too.

My other issues with the Solaris were fit (but you probably already know if that will be an issue for you), moisture accumulation on the end of the nozzle, and hiss with just about every source.I tried. It was minimal on my zx300 but still not something I want to deal with at $1.5k.

Sound wise, I would rank them pretty high. They have a pleasing, exciting sound and good technicalities.

I ended up with the QDC Anole VX and an Audeze LCDi4. They complement each other beautifully and I couldn't be happier after my long search. The Anole has none of the issues that I've had with previous IEMs, including the u12t and Solaris and it gets tons of ear time! It's an incredibly competent all arounder. The LCDi4 is a very special piece of gear that performs at the TOTL full sized headphone range but has no isolation. They're still more portable and easy to drive than most high end headphones, though, so I bring them out with me a lot.

Organic, to me, means true to life.. as in: if someone is standing in front of you singing, how close do the headphones sound to that? People don't have "sparkle" in their voice when they sing, or rumble for that matter.

I've also found overly organic to also sound boring, though, so I try to find some kind of balance between organic and fun.

Sorry for the essay lol.

No sorry, its a great post, thanks!!

Ya, the fit with me is OK, though I'm not sure how well they'd stay in walking around. But standing in the store I found them comfortable.

To me they sounded organic... 1 vocal I was astounded as it sounded like the woman was singing right next to me. Better than anything I've heard in the Etys... again, thats as it should be considering the build and price differences.

So I read a bit about the QDC Anole VX, wow, they seem great. Out of my price range but I'll have to try them out at e-earphone anyway :D

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #5,348 of 12,035
Someone tried the Ibasso CB13 with the Solaris ?

Spec:
Material: 5n OCC silver + 6n OCC copper

I'm using CB13 with my solaris at the moment and it is pair with DX221. I prefer more on CB13 over stock cable as i feel more comfort while wearing it even thought it is thick but it soft. This is highly detailed cable (high is just nice and is not too sharp that can cause uncomfortable during listening period) , This cable you can hear every detail of the song and it is nice if you are listen to this type of song like Ed Sheeran - Shape of You. The bass is punchy but it is not over.

I'm sorry i'm not really a professional in describing well in this topic. But hopefully you get some insight about CB13.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #5,349 of 12,035
Spec:
Material: 5n OCC silver + 6n OCC copper

I'm using CB13 with my solaris at the moment and it is pair with DX221. I prefer more on CB13 over stock cable as i feel more comfort while wearing it even thought it is thick but it soft. This is highly detailed cable (high is just nice and is not too sharp that can cause uncomfortable during listening period) , This cable you can hear every detail of the song and it is nice if you are listen to this type of song like Ed Sheeran - Shape of You. The bass is punchy but it is not over.

I'm sorry i'm not really a professional in describing well in this topic. But hopefully you get some insight about CB13.
Sounds nice , i have the Solaris on the way , and the CB13 and Fiio lc2.5c waiting for it :)

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #5,350 of 12,035
Sounds nice , i have the Solaris on the way , and the CB13 and Fiio lc2.5c waiting for it :)

Can't wait to hear your impressions...especially with the PL, which is my fantasy DAP at the moment lol

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,354 of 12,035
I bought the Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced for use on a Sony WM1Z and didn't care for it as the mids were very recessed. I ended up with the ALO Gold 16 Balanced for the Solaris and use the Eros II+ with my Atlas which seems to be a better match.

Updated: auto correct from kids to what it was supposed to be, mids.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #5,355 of 12,035
I bought the Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire 4mm Balanced for use on a Sony WM1Z and didn't care for it as the kids were very recessed.

Jeez...that's a serious problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back