Campfire - Solaris
Oct 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #107 of 12,035
Looks like they are now out of stock...

This one has huge promise for me. I too will wait for more of the initial reviews to come in. But, I am setting the money aside...

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #108 of 12,035
If they can combine the mids, highs, details and soundstage of Andromeda with strong dynamic driver bass this one will be a huge hit!

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #110 of 12,035
Rejoice fellow CA enthusiasts! It looks like they removed the IN STOCK counter on the site now and you can still place your order for the Solaris.

The question is now, is it backorder or can you still properly order them with no wait... either it was to propel the sales or the order is not checking the stock properly or payments were rejected and the stock is back up. Strangely some product page say out of stock, in stock, backorder but the solaris has no info... not sure it's really up to date.

Did anyone order from Europe?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #111 of 12,035
Been lucky enough to get a review unit from Ken which arrived first thing this morning, so thought I'd better post this here after finally finding the thread!! As such, first knee jerk impressions of the Solaris are now up on Audio Primate after 6 solid hours with these things in my ears. This is way too short a time to make a proper assessment of an IEM, so treat these like show impressions and please don't read too much into any of this - Ken has also asked for these to be burned in for at least a week (and given some decent reasons for doing so, which I'll post up in the main review to avoid starting any discussions here!) - this is just my initial thoughts and a few nice pics.

TL:DR - I think these could be REALLY special. Time will tell!

https://audioprimate.blog/2018/10/26/campfire-audio-solaris-unboxing-and-initial-reaction/

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #112 of 12,035
@Jackpot77 Great first impressions, beautifully written...
This is very promising, oh my... I hope my order went through while there was still stock :p

Now it's displayed as being on backorder... wasn't when I pulled the trigger so finger crossed that the system is solid.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #113 of 12,035
I am a huge CA fan owning the Lyra II Andromedas and Cascades but I am disappointed with them raising the price of the new flagship from andro vega $1199 then atlas $1199, now $1500.

I get that EE and 64 audio have much more expensive IEMs so that is why I do not buy from those companies.

Even if some think $1500 is acceptable I get it but when the next flagship is $1700 then $2000. I won’t tell someone else how to spend their money
They look beautiful and I will keep an eye on this thread for impressions but I will vote with my wallet and keep it shut.

Still think the guys at Campfire are very helpful and create amazing products! (I guess I will just enjoy my Andromedas and maybe pick up used atlas’s for a good deal)

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #114 of 12,035
$1499 is actually less than I anticipated the Solaris was going to cost.

Great work, Ken. These look like something really special. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #117 of 12,035
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #119 of 12,035
I put in the order at 8:20AM PST. I'm only about 3 hours outside of Portland.

Ok thanks, mine was 9:35AM PST. I hope it went through before stock expired!

If I’m not happy with the Z1R you know I’ll back back to grab solaris.

I might go the other way around and cancel the Z1R pre-order, hard to justify having both and @Jackpot77 first impressions have me believe the Solaris might just be the one item for me :p

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #120 of 12,035
It would be awesome if this can play on the level of Tia Trio, Legend X, A12T and IER-Z1R; not just on the level of phantom, M9, N8, Hyla CE-5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back