Campfire - Solaris
Jul 4, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #9,406 of 12,035
What cable do you have there ? Never mind just spotted it in your details

Best pairing I’ve tried so far! Although I’m kinda wishing I got the 4 wire variant (if there is no loss in SQ)... the 8 wire or “+” version can get uncomfortable over long listening sessions.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #9,409 of 12,035
Jul 4, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #9,412 of 12,035
Is that the Loki, @Tristy?

Yes the Loki+ 8 wire. They have the Saladin and Xerxes as well I think, not sure about the century series though. I had read that the Loki was the most technical out of that bunch of cables while infusing some copper warmth (70% silver, 30% copper alloy from memory). Took the plunge and blind bought it and it paid off (for my tastes).

Jul 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #9,413 of 12,035
Yes the Loki+ 8 wire. They have the Saladin and Xerxes as well I think, not sure about the century series though. I had read that the Loki was the most technical out of that bunch of cables while infusing some copper warmth (70% silver, 30% copper alloy from memory). Took the plunge and blind bought it and it paid off (for my tastes).

How is the SR25 with Solaris?

Jul 5, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #9,415 of 12,035
How is the SR25 with Solaris?

It's really surprisingly good, the performance from the 2.5mm balanced is far superior than the single ended. It pairs very well with the Solaris, I originally bought it as a convenient player that I didn't have to use the iematch with for the Solaris (I didn't like how it changed the SQ), expecting it to be significantly worse in terms of SQ to the cube but its not the case. With the SR25 the Solaris sounds more detailed, has better layering (putting this down to the lack of hiss vs the Cube) and has tighter bass. The Cube sounds more analogue, holographic with a bigger soundstage in comparison but the hiss is too much without the iematch. With the Legend X it's a completely different story, the SR25 sounds congested and narrow in comparison to the cube and the bass seems to bleed more into the rest of the FR, it sounds like a completely different set of IEM's on the Cube. I guess this is just a testament to how many factors can come into play and should be considered when reading peoples impressions.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #9,416 of 12,035
It's really surprisingly good, the performance from the 2.5mm balanced is far superior than the single ended. It pairs very well with the Solaris, I originally bought it as a convenient player that I didn't have to use the iematch with for the Solaris (I didn't like how it changed the SQ), expecting it to be significantly worse in terms of SQ to the cube but its not the case. With the SR25 the Solaris sounds more detailed, has better layering (putting this down to the lack of hiss vs the Cube) and has tighter bass. The Cube sounds more analogue, holographic with a bigger soundstage in comparison but the hiss is too much without the iematch. With the Legend X it's a completely different story, the SR25 feels congested and narrow in comparison to the cube and the bass seems to bleed more into the rest of the FR, it sounds like a completely different set of IEM's on the Cube. I guess this is just a testament to how many factors can come into peoples impressions so everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

Oh wow...so the SR25 has a blacker background than the Cube? That's great info thank-you.

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #9,418 of 12,035
Haha I was in part the same... they do look very cool but as @mashuto said, an absolute dust magnet. I'm thinking of ordering another pair of ML size because the left ear canal is a little narrower but they definitely aren't cheap for what they are! Worth it in my opinion though, curious to hear your opinion.

jumped on thIs tip train yesterday - went past an audio shop whilst out and about.

they had a three pairs sample pack for a decent price (compared to some of the other prices about).

great fit and isolation - still deciding on the sound.

783B2330-B03F-436F-85C7-09D3065873F5.jpegEA724383-CCDA-4113-838A-A55EBF916114.jpeg

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #9,419 of 12,035
jumped on thIs tip train yesterday - went past an audio shop whilst out and about.

they had a three pairs sample pack for a decent price (compared to some of the other prices about).

great fit and isolation - still deciding on the sound.

783B2330-B03F-436F-85C7-09D3065873F5.jpegEA724383-CCDA-4113-838A-A55EBF916114.jpeg

I really love everything about these. The sound, the comfort and the look. I’ve fallen asleep with them and the Solaris in my ears 2 times now, I’ve only ever been able to do this with my Customs in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back