Campfire - Solaris
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #7,411 of 12,035
In terms of pure sound I would say that SpinFit double flange tips are probably my favorite...but I can't handle wearing them in my ears for long. My favorites that i use consistently are spiral dots and azla sednas.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #7,412 of 12,035
The clear ones are the best because of the larger bore opening but the larger second flange can sometimes irritate the inner ear if you push it too deep. The middle black one has a slightly smaller bore but is also quite good and less irritating because of the smaller second flange. The last black one is not very good as it doesn’t have a long enough “stem” before the first flange, causing it to go over the Solaris body. Unfortunately I can’t find the clear ones anywhere but I managed the find the smaller bore black ones with a long stem on amazon.

pm me if you find the white one, thanks mate

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #7,414 of 12,035
got my selaris (solaris se) yesterday, pref them over z1r.
even tho z1r does bass definitely better, i prefer selaris for everything else.
super comfortable too!
searching for the perfect tips rn, gonna get n6ii next month, cheers!

Very nice! The n6ii is a great source for Solaris. I should have the E01 module by the end of the week and I can't wait to hear it.

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #7,417 of 12,035
Demoed them at a local shop. Very light, plastic felt cheap and they weren't as pretty as the pictures. Got a great fit with the standard tips, though, and they ran marvelously from my phone (OnePlus). It's been a week since I gave them a shot, but I remember thinking they were a tad underwhelming for the price... That might be unfair to them since I did not test them through the store's DAPs or Amps, but compared to my own gear I've seen little difference between a PC with all the trimmings, and my phone. These are also the most sensitive IEMs I have demoed. Next time I go to that store, I'll give them another shot and take some notes for you guys.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #7,418 of 12,035
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #7,419 of 12,035
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #7,420 of 12,035
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #7,423 of 12,035
I don’t know , but I think yes , at least a new ca hybrid .. one day
yeah, i'll quit audio..
until that day comes where i willingly come back into this expensive hobby.
i think solaris SE is very fit dependant to get the correct sound, without a proper deep fit i found the lower mids layering on top of the upper mids giving it odd unnatural warmth, and even tho it didn't bother me, once i got a proper deep fit, that layer was completely gone, and pretty much everything one upped itself.

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #7,424 of 12,035
i wonder if there will ever be a solaris ii, or just a new iem that'll succeed solaris from cfa, absolutely love the SE.

I can only imagine there will be, perhaps some more refinements, or maybe something new altogether...only time will tell.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #7,425 of 12,035
I still like the Solaris SE not because of sound comparing to Solaris OG. I honestly don't remember how OG sounded in comparison to SE but
SE looks better and for some strange reason the IEM anchors to my ear better although it appears to stick out a little more. Once you like Solaris
sound signature you go all the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back