1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420
422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430
Next

Last
  1. Rockwell75
    Nice family photo!

ILyaX likes this.
  2. ILyaX
    Well if I only had to have one iem, then I guess Solaris would be my choice. But I would miss that magical bass and overall lively and engaging signature of Atlas for sure.
    Now I use Atlas as my everyday commute/workout driver and sometimes during evenings when I want to listen to some tracks it synergies with (for me it's classical and sympho metal). It's definitely a keeper for me.
    Andromeda is working time driver for its mellow unobtrusive sound.
    And Solaris during my time off, usually late evenings, still wrapping my mind around its sound.
    So luckily all of them have place for me.

Aslshark and fokta like this.
  3. fokta
    hmm.. come to think of it... I missed Vega... Atlas just a bit too much for me..

20190915_213958.jpg
    speak of Weighted Bass, with this song, Forgiven by 2Chainz, Solaris Bass seems weight yet fast pace with detail.. not all TOTL capable to do, IMHO

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  4. Devodonaldson
    Thank you. Another person rocking TOTL gear, not just listening to super high-res orchestral, or classical music. I'm up here listening to YG on my Solaris right now

fokta likes this.
  5. fokta
    Hahaha.. Try LSD Album... "Angel in your Eyes" if you got a good combo, you will feel like in between of Bass Woofer speaker... I like it... my mood boost songs...

BTW, the album also good to check dynamic for DAP...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  6. Ty89m
    Quick comparison on LCD-i4 and Solaris? I'm debating between the two as we speak - isolation not 100% necessary, so beyond the obvious open vs traditional, what are your thoughts?

7. BananaOoyoo
    I think the answer to that depends on whether you’re looking/willing to use the Cipher cable/EQ with the i4.

8. subguy812
    The mistake made with the Atlas is the fact that a quick listen will be overwhelming. The Atlas is an excellent IEM with some seasoning time. It is a super engaging, enjoyable listen to my ears.

ILyaX and fokta like this.
  9. Ty89m
    Sounds as though that's the preferred combo. From everything I've read thus far, it seems as though reveal plugin or Cypher is a must. I'm a Tidal streamer, so not in the market for a DAP at this point - so it seems the convenience of using iPhone + cypher would be a plus for me. The other part of me wants the isolation + more practicality etc. I've owned Andro and didn't mind them direct from my iPhone, so would hope Solaris would be similar.

In the end I'm just really intrigued by the LCD-i4 and iSine series for some reason - have always wanted to try them for myself. Do they really struggle when run direct from amp/DAP without EQ?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  10. subguy812
    The Solaris is super easy to drive. It doesn't take much oomph to drive them and make them sound great.

fokta likes this.
  11. Devodonaldson
    It's not that the struggle without cipher or ew. They show tons of quality and potential without ew, but are seriously lacking bass punch, (it's there but very light), missing about 4-6db at around 2khz, and a little bright up top. I'm a mobile listener, and after hearing them through my Android phone with a little eq, I felt it was worth spending another $300 for a DAC/amp to solely use with the i4. Minoprice portable amplifier and DAC has 3 band parametric eq along with a high shelf and a low shelf setting, low shelf I used for bass free below 125hz to boost a bit. OMG, in love with the sound. When you have a $2k portable headphone, what's another $300 to bring the full life out of them? I now have a portable set that sounds better than the cipher.

EagleWings likes this.
  12. Ty89m
    Good to know! I'm leaning towards the i4 for sure - million dollar question, if you could keep only one - Solaris or i4?

13. BananaOoyoo
    I think if the Cipher cable is a plus for you and the lack of isolation isn’t a factor, then it’s a no brainer for the i4.

Solaris is definitely easy to drive - the more likely issue, depending on your source, is dealing with background noise. (Like with the Andromeda)

14. candlejack
    It's an extra 15%.

ILyaX, fokta and ExpatinJapan like this.
  15. xandermaus
    You do have to make sure the amp can drive a 10 ohm load. The Fiio M11 can not drive the Solaris.

First

Back
411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420
422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430
Next

Last