1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417
419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428
Next

Last
  1. xandermaus
    Without auditioning anything, I managed to finally end up with an amp I love and the Solaris, which I will probably just keep. But, I will definitely try before buying anything else, and I might even go custom, if it's an option. I'd like to attend the upcoming CanJam in NYC, but I can't find any info about it other than the dates.

fokta likes this.
  2. dakchi
    Hello guys,
    I would like to buy a balanced 2.5mm copper cable for my Solaris. Any recommendation? (my budget is around 250$ max). I like the look of Effect Audio and Null Audio cables but I am not sure they are good match with Solaris. Any recommendation for other brands will be very much appreciated
    Thanks

3. fokta
    I see u want copper based.
    any particular sound signature u want?
    SPKM quite flat balanced...

4. cr3ativ3
    Get Fiio LC2.5D ( pure silver ) u wont regret .other wise i have the forza audio works pure copper mk2 on the way for my cl2´s. but for solaris , pure silver is the way :)

fokta likes this.
  5. fokta
    already got good eartip for sealing and fitting?
    get eartip first...

still curious for cable... get 130, 170 or 171. my personal taste is 130, good pairing with SPKM...
    if u want to spend all ur budget... get 175. Reference number here
    In short, get a decent 8 core SPC cable... IMHO

this is similar like 173. Good rumble, extend Soundstage, great clarity with lack of mid Bass body... good choice...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    cr3ativ3 likes this.
  6. dakchi
    Hi,
    I am looking for copper cable because I would like to improve a little the bass of Solaris. I know it will not be night and day difference but it can improve a little
    I already have the stock cable which is silver. Now, I would like to see how the Solaris can sound with copper cable
    Thanks

7. cr3ativ3
    Sure no problem but stock is spc it’s not the same . Bass is quite good with the pure silver , even more rumble than with stock :)

8. dakchi
    So according to you, Fiio LC2.5D would give better results that Effect Audio Ares II for example which is pure copper?

9. cr3ativ3
    Yes

10. cr3ativ3
    I had ares 2 with my legend x . I didn’t liked it at all . Switched to Thor silver 2 . Way better . Same effect with Solaris stock -> fiio pure silver

11. fokta
    That's why, I asked, which sound sig u after?
    Warm, Neutral, or bright

even no. of strands will also affect.

Assuming u alrd get best pair for eartip...

12. Audiophonicalistic
    Agreed, I have pure silver on solaris and its sweet. The effect audio thor silver really isolated the bass and adds quite the punch. It's the only silver I've listened to

fokta and cr3ativ3 like this.
  13. dakchi
    The answer is warm or neutral

14. Devodonaldson
    So just got my Solaris in today. After having balanced armature iems, then wanting more low end and falling for the TFZ No3, I wanted something in the top tier with good low mids and highs. For those individuals calling the Solaris bass light, I don't what is going on with theirs, or are they simply not getting a good seal. Even with silicone tips, I'm getting GOOD bass rumble out of this dynamic driver, and the kids and highs are beautiful. Spiral dots are my go to tip for these. Waiting on the marshmallows that I ordered as a just in case, but I think I'm good with the spiral dots. Did not like the Final E sound or fit.

Aslshark and fokta like this.
  15. cr3ativ3
    Spiral dots are the best for Solaris :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
First

Back
408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417
419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428
Next

Last