Campfire - Solaris
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #5,401 of 12,035
I don’t have one and don’t expect I ever will.

I see that you have both the solaris and the Lionheart? Please are you able to give some impressions on this with the SP1000M compared to the Super Litz? I have just ordered the lionheart for my solaris as it seem to fit the sound that I am looking for but keen to hear some impressions.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #5,402 of 12,035
I see that you have both the solaris and the Lionheart? Please are you able to give some impressions on this with the SP1000M compared to the Super Litz? I have just ordered the lionheart for my solaris as it seem to fit the sound that I am looking for but keen to hear some impressions.

My Lionheart cable doesn't fit the Solaris (it's for my Laylas). It's a fairly warm/smooth cable which was an improvement for my Laylas (over and above the Silver Dragon that I had been using which I didnt particularly like - too bright for my taste). It all depends on what you are looking for.

Personally I dont think the Solaris is a bright earphone or needs any smoothing. I really like its tonal balance even with the stock cable. I find it to be a relatively easy listen - especially compared to my Utopias and HEKSE headphones (which are more transparent but brighter). I went with the Cleopatra for the Solaris which gave me more punch in the bass and brought more transparency and air throughout the mid/treble (but without increasing any brightness or radically chaning the tonal balance).

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #5,403 of 12,035
So my first impressions with the Solaris after some hours listening .

Setup : Cowon plenue L with Ibasso cb13 + ca02 -> 4.4mm out

First think in my mind ist „clear“ stunning clear beautiful sound trough the hole spectrum . This combination plays with incredible energy . It’s very easy to catch up every little detail in the track without any fatigue or harshness .
I had read before that the Solaris is lacking some bass .. but I can’t confirm that .
The bass reaches deep with nice texture and rumble . It’s just not elevated but present enough .

Listen to something like elessar - dark desire brings some goosebumps :)

Today I will try with Fiio Lc2.5C and LB4.4M
It’s a nice completion to my collection.

This weekend i will do a comparison to the Legend X and the Acme 8

Enjoy the music :)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #5,404 of 12,035
So my first impressions with the Solaris after some hours listening .

Setup : Cowon plenue L with Ibasso cb13 + ca02 -> 4.4mm out

First think in my mind ist „clear“ stunning clear beautiful sound trough the hole spectrum . This combination plays with incredible energy . It’s very easy to catch up every little detail in the track without any fatigue or harshness .
I had read before that the Solaris is lacking some bass .. but I can’t confirm that .
The bass reaches deep with nice texture and rumble . It’s just not elevated but present enough .

Listen to something like elessar - dark desire brings some goosebumps :)

Today I will try with Fiio Lc2.5C and LB4.4M
It’s a nice completion to my collection.

This weekend i will do a comparison to the Legend X and the Acme 8

Enjoy the music :)
I think a poor seal is the primary reason that folks think that they don't have adequate bass extension. I don't find them bass light either.

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #5,405 of 12,035
85818A9E-B489-43D8-BA38-D993280C3BED.jpeg
Prepared for today’s listening session :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #5,408 of 12,035
My Lionheart cable doesn't fit the Solaris (it's for my Laylas). It's a fairly warm/smooth cable which was an improvement for my Laylas (over and above the Silver Dragon that I had been using which I didnt particularly like - too bright for my taste). It all depends on what you are looking for.

Personally I dont think the Solaris is a bright earphone or needs any smoothing. I really like its tonal balance even with the stock cable. I find it to be a relatively easy listen - especially compared to my Utopias and HEKSE headphones (which are more transparent but brighter). I went with the Cleopatra for the Solaris which gave me more punch in the bass and brought more transparency and air throughout the mid/treble (but without increasing any brightness or radically chaning the tonal balance).

Thank you for the detailed reply, unfortunately I was unable to find the Cleopatra anywhere here in the UK and I could only just stretch to affording the Lionheart. I listen to a lot of rock so it should fit my needs.

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #5,409 of 12,035
so..
the Fiio LC2.5C give a little bit more power to the treble , makes the solaris overall a little bit brighter
the ibasso cb13 adds a little bit more power to the lows , gives a little bit more punch and i think the overall signature is more even with this cable.

there is no night / day difference between the 2 cables but it is noticable.

i would rec the cb13 over the Fiio for the Solaris. :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #5,413 of 12,035
what are these "coins" on your solaris ?
Its a token to remind me to try before assuming. Its rosenkranz Autorosen... Just accessories that belief to control vibration to make better separation... Do it affect ? For me yes....

Just ordered it , let’s see how a pure silver cable sounds with the Solaris :D
I see this cable in local store, but no demo unit for it.
Since u alrd bought it, looking fwd for ur impression then.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #5,414 of 12,035
Its a token to remind me to try before assuming. Its rosenkranz Autorosen... Just accessories that belief to control vibration to make better separation... Do it affect ? For me yes....

I see this cable in local store, but no demo unit for it.
Since u alrd bought it, looking fwd for ur impression then.
If you want to try something here in Germany ... we have no local stores who’s offering something like this .. so we have to blind order and return if u dislike it :-/

With some luck maybe the cable arrive till the weekend

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #5,415 of 12,035
If you want to try something here in Germany ... we have no local stores who’s offering something like this .. so we have to blind order and return if u dislike it :-/

With some luck maybe the cable arrive till the weekend
well at least u can return it... here if u alrd bought it, u can't return it, prob some exceptions, but majority no....

when M11 launching, they also announced some cable that can have multi adapter (I mention this many times)... wish it was real

Users who are viewing this thread

Back