Campfire Dorado 2020
Jan 2, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #271 of 1,452
Guys the FAudio Intrumental tips are really great on the Dorado 2020! Not been a fan of silicones up until this point but the Instrumental tips really work very well. They seem to make vocals very lifelike (the irony I know :beyersmile:) and have a fit like the Final E tips but with more of the bore left over to channel the sound and a wider bore. The Vocal tips aren't as good on them strangely!
I would imagine that if they actually do as they say, it likely takes a little bit of the sharpness out of the treble, allowing the vocals to shine through more. Well I just picked up a few pairs to try out, along with a pw no 10 cable too. I cant bring myself to entertain the idea of getting more IEMs, but I can do a relatively inexpensive cable.

Jan 2, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #272 of 1,452
I would imagine that if they actually do as they say, it likely takes a little bit of the sharpness out of the treble, allowing the vocals to shine through more. Well I just picked up a few pairs to try out, along with a pw no 10 cable too. I cant bring myself to entertain the idea of getting more IEMs, but I can do a relatively inexpensive cable.

I love how after all this time you're still rockin' your Vega avatar :p You should edit your "active lineup" in your sig so I can remember what gear you've got now :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #273 of 1,452

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the No10. I've heard good things about it. I have a PW Loki incoming, should be here Tuesday which I'm looking forward to. This plussound exo copper isn't doing the Dorado any favours SQ wise despite looking the part. Works quite nicely on brighter IEM's though.

Yeah the exit of the Instrumental tips are more rounded off compared to the more apparent edge on the Vocals, the tip itself is also more bulbous (hence the reference to the Final E tips). If anything it's reminiscent of the provided campfire silicones but they have a much stiffer stem material and a smaller bore diameter.... either way, works great with the Dorado. Which tips are you currently using with it?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #274 of 1,452
I love how after all this time you're still rockin' your Vega avatar :p You should edit your "active lineup" in your sig so I can remember what gear you've got now :)
Haha yea, I havent had the vega in a loooooong time. Changed it and updated my signature. Its down to just the nio and the dorado. I still have quite a bit more than just those two, but they are all older cheaper pairs. Nothing I really use anymore except as beaters, and only really keep them around because I am too lazy to sell them on.
Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the No10. I've heard good things about it. I have a PW Loki incoming, should be here Tuesday which I'm looking forward to. This plussound exo copper isn't doing the Dorado any favours SQ wise despite looking the part. Works quite nicely on brighter IEM's though.

Yeah the exit of the Instrumental tips are more rounded off compared to the more apparent edge on the Vocals, the tip itself is also more bulbous (hence the reference to the Final E tips). If anything it's reminiscent of the provided campfire silicones but they have a much stiffer stem material and a smaller bore diameter.... either way, works great with the Dorado. Which tips are you currently using with it?
Truthfully, I dont believe cables make any audible difference outside of impedance mismatches, which I guess could potentially alter frequency response of some BA IEMs, or cause volume mismatches. So I am not really expecting much if anything from the PW cable. But PW is well regarded, the cable looks nice (except the cheap looking shrink wrap splitter) and hopefully its a nicer feeling cable with better ergonomics than the stock campfire cable. Should I hear any differences, I will be sure to say so, just when it comes to me, dont hold your breath on that one.

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #275 of 1,452
Haha yea, I havent had the vega in a loooooong time. Changed it and updated my signature. Its down to just the nio and the dorado. I still have quite a bit more than just those two, but they are all older cheaper pairs. Nothing I really use anymore except as beaters, and only really keep them around because I am too lazy to sell them on.

Nice! I remember when we first "met" online and and we both had the Atlas and you were intrigued by my description of the Fiio M9. Lot's has happened in a couple years.

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #276 of 1,452
Nice! I remember when we first "met" online and and we both had the Atlas and you were intrigued by my description of the Fiio M9. Lot's has happened in a couple years.
Indeed a lot has. Also crazy amounts of money for tiny little "earbuds" has been spent. Oy...

Honestly though, I find myself more and more feeling like my journey here is coming a lot closer to its end. Not planning to quit, but I just feel more recently that I have really really hit my personal point of completely diminished returns and the amount of money needed to keep playing this game is becoming less appealing to me. Kinda just want to buy legos (of which I just spent most of the money I would have spent on the MEST to do just that). Not going anywhere for now, but I fear I may not have much to contribute going forward.

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #277 of 1,452
Indeed a lot has. Also crazy amounts of money for tiny little "earbuds" has been spent. Oy...

Honestly though, I find myself more and more feeling like my journey here is coming a lot closer to its end. Not planning to quit, but I just feel more recently that I have really really hit my personal point of completely diminished returns and the amount of money needed to keep playing this game is becoming less appealing to me. Kinda just want to buy legos (of which I just spent most of the money I would have spent on the MEST to do just that). Not going anywhere for now, but I fear I may not have much to contribute going forward.

I'm in the same boat. I may upgrade my source at some point in the new year, but that's about it..and honestly it's feeling like more of a relief than anything.

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #278 of 1,452

I get a big boy star wars lego every year xD. Got the OG Falcon, og imperial destroyer, X wing, Y wing, AT AT, Vader Tie Fighter,, Sith Transport thing i can't remember, and just built an AT ST Mando edition. The engineering stuff and architecture sets are intriguing but I don't have room to display em.

Jan 3, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #282 of 1,452
Everyone is so fond of Dorado in this thread, we need different opinions :)

Different opinions are fine but I trust that particular reviewer's perspective on CFA products about as much I'd trust Trump's position on fair elections.

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #283 of 1,452
Has anyone paired the Dorado with an Astell & Kern SR 25? I'm looking at the Dorado's 8 Ohm impedance and wondering if it is a good match.

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #284 of 1,452
Haha the guy is a joker. All of the other reviews and owner impressions must be null and void now :beyersmile: Everyone are entitled to their opinion but he does love to bash a CA IEM so I'd bare that in mind ... I'd trust his reviews about as much as I'd trust Gary Glitter to babysit my kids. A funny read though! The hatred runs deeeep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back