Campfire Dorado 2020
Oct 20, 2020 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,452
Hey All,Introducing the all new Campfire Audio Dorado 2020

Premium materials, custom Campfire audio audiophile ADLC 10mm dynamic driver, single BA high driver, high polished zirconium ceramic shell, stainless steel spout, all hand built in Portland Oregon USA.

Dorado-2020---Front-Sticker-(1000x1000).jpg

Dorado 2020:

Since 2016, Dorado’s original release, we have developed a remarkable series of high-fidelity hybrid IEMs that have gone from niche to popularized as some of the very best in the world.

Dorado 2020 breathes new life into the name and the legacy of our first hybrid with a fresh take on its classic hybrid design. One balanced armature and one dynamic driver. No cross-over, no complications. We’ve found these distilled pairings reproduce sound more faithfully, with improved resolution and cohesion than those with over-complicated cross-over schemes.

The result is a true hybrid in design and sonic presentation.

Hybrid Earphone Design
10mm A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver (Mid+Low)
Single Custom Balanced Armature (High)
All-new Black Ceramic body style
Brass Spout with 'Midnight Grey' PVD finish
Custom Beryllium / Copper MMCX

Tech Specs:
SPL: 94 dB @ 1k: 18.52 mVrs
Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 22 kHz
Earphone Impedance: 10 Ohm @ 1k

MSRP $1099

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 1,452
Hi @KB ,

Moving on from my Andromeda Gold: which next step would you recommend?

I got Cayin's N3 Pro DAP and I'm in-between the 2020 Solaris and 2020 Dorado.

If you don't mind, what would you recommend with the N3 Pro using the tubes if I tell you that I like emotion with some details which can be sometimes a bit much with the Andro Gold for me.

I mainly listen to Blues, Folk, Funk, R&B, Rock, Jazz, Soul more than Classical and Electronic though it can happen.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 1,452
Can't wait for Crinacle's review of these :D
Looking forward to his measurements more. I already know his preferences so I already know they won’t score highly if they are anything like their predecessors. I, on the other hand, like their predecessors quite a lot and would rank them much more highly. Each to their own...

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 1,452
I think in Headphones.com's announcement I saw the sound pipes of the Vega 2020 and Dorado 2020 are smaller in diameter than previous models. What is the diameter of the new IEMs' sound pipes?

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #9 of 1,452
Honestly that review enhanced my suspicion that the Dorado may be a baby Solaris and what I'm really after between the two new ones is the Vega.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 1,452
Honestly that review enhanced my suspicion that the Dorado may be a baby Solaris and what I'm really after between the two new ones is the Vega.
Yea that does have me slightly concerned since the solaris wasn't really to my personal preferences. But it also seems to contradict what bloom audio has said about it.

Guess I'll be finding out a bit later today.

Oh the joys and stupidity of blind buying. Doesn't always work out.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #11 of 1,452
Yea that does have me slightly concerned since the solaris wasn't really to my personal preferences. But it also seems to contradict what bloom audio has said about it.

Oh the joys and stupidity of blind buying. Doesn't always work out.

Bummer. But who knows maybe you'll manage a better fit than you got with Solaris and it will win you over somehow or find a niche in your collection. Curious to hear more impressions from people either way.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #12 of 1,452

Most reviews do not mention the tips they use.
As I always say, depending on preferences, tips can make or break any IEM, regardless of the price.
Someone who tells me that an IEM has a very neutral bass and uses foam tips won't be a "metric" I can base a decision on.
Same comment from someone who uses silicone tips is a "metric" I'll take into account.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #13 of 1,452
It seems that the bass of the Vega 2020 has also been tempered a little judging from the Audio 46 video review... I'm really in 2 minds about jumping on this as I was really after an Atlas type signature.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 1,452
It seems that the bass of the Vega 2020 has also been tempered a little judging from the Audio 46 video review... I'm really in 2 minds about jumping on this as I was really after an Atlas type signature.

To be quite honest I almost always completely disregard these (and most big name reviewers) and, barring the ability to test it myself, wait for impressions of trusted "regular folk" who share similar tastes as me. I'm still hopeful that Vega will be a refined and polished "Atlas type" sound...and if that turns out to be true I'll probably be all over it. I quite like the look.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #15 of 1,452
Yeah as do I, It reminds me of a tooth. haha but yeah I don't plan on jumping without some more reviews. If worst comes to worst, I can always pick up an Atlas cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back