Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 13, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #5,358 of 5,394
For all-around listening, I've come back to the Lyra II with WM1A lately. I concede Vega and Atlas technicalities. I appreciate the dlc drivers but sometimes the midbass has bothered me a bit. Andromeda has nice balance sound but doesn't fit my bass needs like Lyra II. I hope to see Campfire come out with a DD iem that takes Lyra II to the next level but somehow keep this balance similar to Lyra II.

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #5,359 of 5,394
What's up everyone,
I just bought a used Vega.
I remember that I owned the Atlas, but for the life of me I couldn't get a comfortable fit. I loved the sound signature though. Will the Vega be a good supplement?

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #5,360 of 5,394
What's up everyone,
I just bought a used Vega.
I remember that I owned the Atlas, but for the life of me I couldn't get a comfortable fit. I loved the sound signature though. Will the Vega be a good supplement?
The Vega has less forward midrange and treble sparkle than the Atlas. I enjoy the Atlas more. Cheers.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #5,361 of 5,394
I
just brought it out of retirement the other day (and the Atlas).

i could get a good fit - but would need to adjust during commute at times.

using the new kid on the block tips AZLA Xelastec tips - which are more grippy (less adjusting for both). - i even had to go back and check my old Vega review to see if i got the sound right - it had been so long.

I didnt remember them sounding so sweet :)

6A60964C-4C10-4A1F-8C36-E3A6CDE28F71.jpeg

monday photo :)

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #5,362 of 5,394
I received the Vega yesterday and so far (of course) I'm loving it. Very musical, powerful, detailed, large, in your face yet coherent at the same time.

May 1, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #5,369 of 5,394
Dorado.jpeg

Hats off to Campfire and their ALO Warehouse deals. Bought a Dorado and an extra Lyra II. The Dorado was in "Acceptable" condition, but I would have thought it was brand new. There's something really special about this Beryllium PVD 8.5 driver. It's the balanced warm sound that made me love the Lyra II. Add in dual TAEC BA drivers on the Dorado and I'm just so impressed by the sound even more.

OOTB, this is one of the more balanced sounds I've ever experienced on an IEM. Bonus points for sounded great OOTB. This Dorado has a wonderful punchy bass with a controlled rumble that's guttural. Because of the longer nozzle, Dorado is even more comfortable than the Lyra II or OG Vega. Not bad for 500$.

May 2, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #5,370 of 5,394
4DB85DB5-30AC-4D65-BC01-C2CBE667DA26.jpeg

i had not listened to the Dorado a bit. The nozzle is a bit long for my ear canals.

tried a few tips and settled on the final audio tips as they have 5(?) sizes - easier to gind that right balance between comfort/depth/isolation etc.

i did try the Spiral Dots but they were a bit short for these ones.

i enjoyed them - but still on my search for the perfect running earphone for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back