Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #4,576 of 5,394
Of course they will fit. That's why we're recommending them!

S/M/L = 11/12/13mm. You can order any combination of sizes in the 3 piece package from him.

I figured, but wanted to double check.

Csaba replied to my inquiry over the weekend about the size of MandarinE's Symbio tips:

Narrow, 3.8mm bore
L: 13mm diameter, 10mm long
M: 12mm diameter, 10mm long
S: 11mm diameter, 9mm long
Wide: 4.5mm bore
L: 13.5mm diameter, 9.5mm long
M: 12mm diameter, 9mm long
S: 10.5mm diameter,

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #4,577 of 5,394
I figured, but wanted to double check.

Csaba replied to my inquiry over the weekend about the size of MandarinE's Symbio tips:

Narrow, 3.8mm bore
L: 13mm diameter, 10mm long
M: 12mm diameter, 10mm long
S: 11mm diameter, 9mm long
Wide: 4.5mm bore
L: 13.5mm diameter, 9.5mm long
M: 12mm diameter, 9mm long
S: 10.5mm diameter,

Thanks for getting more specific details on the sizing. They do use a denser foam, so you have to go smaller to get a comparable depth of insertion. I've been using the Wide mediums, but Lurk's post comparing the smalls with the Spiral dot ML, which would also be the best fit for me, got my interest. So yesterday I ordered another W medium, and an N medium and W small to try out. I think that's my third order from Csaba. Always fine-tuning.

So, did you end up ordering some?

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #4,578 of 5,394
Not the Symbio yet. I ordered a pack of the RHA hybrid from Amazon based on HeartofSky's recommendation. They are almost free at $4.95 for three pair. Thought I'd try those first. I think I may be over Comply. Too much money and the memory foam loses its seal every time I move my jaw (like yawning or talking). I hope the foam-backed silicone of the RHAs or Symbios will be a good combination. If not, then I'll have to look for a wide-barrel single flange silicone tip like what I use with my Westone W3. I think the Spiral Dots come wide-bore? I've looked at so many different tips in the past two days they all run together.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #4,579 of 5,394
Not the Symbio yet. I ordered a pack of the RHA hybrid from Amazon based on HeartofSky's recommendation. They are almost free at $4.95 for three pair. Thought I'd try those first. I think I may be over Comply. Too much money and the memory foam loses its seal every time I move my jaw (like yawning or talking). I hope the foam-backed silicone of the RHAs or Symbios will be a good combination. If not, then I'll have to look for a wide-barrel single flange silicone tip like what I use with my Westone W3. I think the Spiral Dots come wide-bore? I've looked at so many different tips in the past two days they all run together.
Where did you find RHA hybrids? I'm only aware of their dual-density silicone, which are the ones I use.

Dec 26, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #4,580 of 5,394
Where did you find RHA hybrids? I'm only aware of their dual-density silicone, which are the ones I use.

"Hybrid", "dual density", blah blah blah, it's all the same thing. I double checked my order and you're right, RHA says dual density silicone. I also double checked eBay and the Symbio tips are silicone and foam. Like I said, I've looked at so many different tips in the past two days, they are all running together.

Apparently I will be trying the RHAs and the Spiral Dots first.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #4,581 of 5,394
"Hybrid", "dual density", blah blah blah, it's all the same thing. I double checked my order and you're right, RHA says dual density silicone. I also double checked eBay and the Symbio tips are silicone and foam. Like I said, I've looked at so many different tips in the past two days, they are all running together.

Apparently I will be trying the RHAs and the Spiral Dots first.

RHA tips look interesting. Let us know how they aref

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #4,583 of 5,394
Hmmmm I might have to put aside my reservations on using foam tips if i am to take the plunge on these in February. I do love my silicones though, not least for their long life. Having to replace foamies once a month doesn't sit with me well at all.

Something that has similar properties as foam but doesn't need to be replaced are the Sony triple comfort tips.

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,585 of 5,394
RHA dual density tips arrived today. I have about twenty minutes with them so far. They come in a nearly-impossible-to-open bubble package. No inner packaging, so all six tips fall out when you tip the envelope upside down.

Dual density means something different to RHA than it does to me. The tips are single flange silicone. I suppose the core is denser/ harder than the outer part: dual density. I thought RHA meant that the tips would be solid with a dense, semi-rigid core and soft squishy silicone outside. No big deal.

The RHAs were a pain to install. The core is smaller than I'd thought and it was hard to get them stretched over the sound tube of my Lyra II. I ended up turning the tips inside out to get them forced on. At least they seem secure, and I won't have to do that very often.

These are WAY more comfortable for me than the foam tips I've been using (I think Comply?). I bought the small, which seal well enough, but don't feel particularly secure, so I'll have to get used to that. With smaller tips, my Lyra II don't feel like they are stretching my ear canal in an effort to burst out at the seam. The silicone is also smoother than the foam, so the RHA tips are easier and more comfortable to insert.

My very first impression was that high end sparkle was compromised by the slightly narrow opening in the RHAs. That impression quickly dissipated, either because sparkle wasn't actually muted, or because I got used to the lower high frequency output quickly. So far, so good: I still like the balance of my Lyra II, and am getting more used to their sound. For now, the much improved comfort of the RHA trumps even the risk that the sound MIGHT be compromised compared to the foam tips I've been using.

Since they are almost free, I'll order a set of RHA mediums. I may also order a set of Symbio W (recommended in an earlier post here), but that will have to wait until after I've tried the Spiral Dots on their way to me.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #4,587 of 5,394
I believe these are from Brainwavz Jive/S1. Only have this single pair and misplaced them for a while. I'm done tip rolling now! Too bad BW doesn't sell them.

20171229_190906.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back