Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #4,216 of 5,394
Out of all of my headphone related purchases, I can say the Vega has been the best value purchase. At $1300 it sounds ridiculous but the sound signature is perfect for me, I can power it out of my iPhone 6s+ no problem, and I can take them anywhere.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #4,217 of 5,394
Well I’ve just spent the last two days reading the whole thread and I’ve decided that then Vega’s are my next purchase :) now just time to hunt down a pair!

Hey, just chiming in as I've done a couple of times... if at all possible (and I know sometimes it's not), try to audition Vega, Dorado and Lyra II before you buy. I did, and while I fortunately could've afforded any of them, I liked the signature of the Lyra II the best, which happen to be the least expensive of the three. They're all so freaking good, seriously, that it's more about which one you like best, not about which one *IS* the best. Ten months later, I'm still startled and joyful at how good the Lyra II's sound, literally every time I use them.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #4,218 of 5,394
Hey, just chiming in as I've done a couple of times... if at all possible (and I know sometimes it's not), try to audition Vega, Dorado and Lyra II before you buy. I did, and while I fortunately could've afforded any of them, I liked the signature of the Lyra II the best, which happen to be the least expensive of the three. They're all so freaking good, seriously, that it's more about which one you like best, not about which one *IS* the best. Ten months later, I'm still startled and joyful at how good the Lyra II's sound, literally every time I use them.

Unfortunately I have no way to try any of these without buying them, hence why I'm just trying to find a second hand pair to minimize any loss assuming I don't like them.

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #4,219 of 5,394
Out of all of my headphone related purchases, I can say the Vega has been the best value purchase. At $1300 it sounds ridiculous but the sound signature is perfect for me, I can power it out of my iPhone 6s+ no problem, and I can take them anywhere.

I agree. The Vegas sound very good plugged directly into my iPad Air. They sound even better with my iPhone 7 Plus, Dragonfly Red and Apple CCK.

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #4,220 of 5,394
I agree. The Vegas sound very good plugged directly into my iPad Air. They sound even better with my iPhone 7 Plus, Dragonfly Red and Apple CCK.
Oh for sure, the dfr is a great portable source. I just hate the cck, it’s always disconnecting if I move it just a tiny bit. Do you have that problem?

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4,222 of 5,394
So I'm thinking of getting a Vega or the Massdrop Noble Kaiser 10s. I mostly listen to classic rock and the Beatles. Any suggestions?
Have you thought about the Andromeda as well? I would recommend that one above the Vega (which I had on a loan for ± 3 weeks recently) considering the music you're listening to.
I haven't heard the K10 myself, but I can certainly understand that that low Massdrop price is appealing to many out there atm :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #4,223 of 5,394
Have you thought about the Andromeda as well? I would recommend that one above the Vega (which I had on a loan for ± 3 weeks recently) considering the music you're listening to.
I haven't heard the K10 myself, but I can certainly understand that that low Massdrop price is appealing to many out there atm :thinking:
Yes but as I understand it the Vega is supposed to be more musical. What makes you recommend the Andromedas?

P.S. I have the Shure se425s right now. There are pretty nice and clean but not that engaging.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #4,224 of 5,394
Yes but as I understand it the Vega is supposed to be more musical. What makes you recommend the Andromedas?
P.S. I have the Shure se425s right now. There are pretty nice and clean but not that engaging.
Well, I found the Andromeda more balanced thoughout the spectrum, where the Vega was more V-shaped. The Vega has a beautiful deep sub-bass though, which I especially enjoyed on genres like electronic & trip-hop.
Imo the Vega didn't sound that great from my Plenue 1 and Opus #1 (where my Andromeda does), but it was amazing from my LPG. That dap turned the Vega in an impressive holographic (3D) sounding beast. So I thought it benefitted clearly from the extra power that the LPG provided at that time. I wouldn't call the Vega more musical (in general) myself. But hey, that's just my opinion :grin:

I'm sure that both will certainly be a major step up in sq compared to your current se425. I had the se215 and se535 myself in the past, Vega & Andro play in a completely different league imo.
I also listen a lot to classic rock and the Beatles myself => that's also a reason why I stepped forward.

Good luck with picking the right one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #4,225 of 5,394
So I'm thinking of getting a Vega or the Massdrop Noble Kaiser 10s. I mostly listen to classic rock and the Beatles. Any suggestions?
Well, I found the Andromeda more balanced thoughout the spectrum, where the Vega was more V-shaped. The Vega has a beautiful deep sub-bass though, which I especially enjoyed on genres like electronic & trip-hop.
Imo the Vega didn't sound that great from my Plenue 1 and Opus #1 (where my Andromeda does), but it was amazing from my LPG. That dap turned the Vega in an impressive holographic (3D) sounding beast. So I thought it benefitted clearly from the extra power that the LPG provided at that time. I wouldn't call the Vega more musical (in general) myself. But hey, that's just my opinion :grin:

I'm sure that both will certainly be a major step up in sq compared to your current se425. I had the se215 and se535 myself in the past, Vega & Andro play in a completely different league imo.
I also listen a lot to classic rock and the Beatles myself => that's also a reason why I stepped forward.

Good luck with picking the right one :thumbsup:
Thanks. I have the Plenue D myself right now. I didn't realize the Vega was so picky about the source!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #4,226 of 5,394

Thanks. I have the Plenue D myself right now. I didn't realize the Vega was so picky about the source!
I have heard my vega through several amps and sacs and while there is a difference, to my ears it was fairly trivial, especially since I don’t use iems for sit down analytical listening. My iPhone is my source 95% of the time and it’s awesome. The andromeda would need a dap though due to it being very sensitive.

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #4,227 of 5,394
There's a sale right now on aloaudio.com

Andromeda is more... technical. It's going to render classical instruments more accurately than the Vega will. For some people, this is a big deal. Vega is must more... emotional.

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #4,230 of 5,394
I have heard my vega through several amps and sacs and while there is a difference, to my ears it was fairly trivial, especially since I don’t use iems for sit down analytical listening. My iPhone is my source 95% of the time and it’s awesome. The andromeda would need a dap though due to it being very sensitive.
Oh, I'd say that the Vega scale up nicely with some power. Big step up from my (already powerful for a phone) V10 to the iDSD Black Label and a Schiit Jotenheim. Power does good things with these IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back