Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,713 of 5,394
I agree fully with @Audiowood about the Vega changing and not only bass wise, things settle into quite a unique sound signature.

About S-ME9 vs Vega. I have had the S-EM9, I'd say the tuning is quite different although there are some similarities in the sense that both IEM are strong in all departments bass, mids and treble but the S-EM9 is delicate and refined while the Vega is muscular and energetic. That's grossly over simplifying of course the S-EM9 has energy and the Vega has a lot of refinement and maybe more so in the department of texture and timbre. I like vocals better with the Vega and by no small margin. Trebles on the S-EM9 are something else, probably the best I have heard in any IEM I have owned. Both are fast (and Vega is as fast a DD as I have heard) but the S-EM9 is so nimble and fast, BAs can't be beat there.

Still, the combination of its DD qualities and great speed in one area that is growing on me with the Vegas, I have been listening to more Rock and Metal oh my some very complex passages are just beautifully rendered. The Vegas separation is shining even more with complex music.

Last but not least, maybe I get used to them but I find them less fatiguing now.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,716 of 5,394
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #1,717 of 5,394

I am very satisfied with Vega technical ability, beside all the good thing about  the bass, treble, sound separation between instrument and many more.. these Vega is very very detail IEM.. I am not sure it lack the details of Andro.. the vega to my ears sound as detail as Andro.. 

I think I have to disagree. Andro´s treble is something that sticks out. It´s more detailed and extended than Vegas. I think if you like the Vegas more than the Andros, then you probably won´t like the Prophile 8 either, because Prophile 8´s sound signature is more alike the signature of the Andro with qualities like big soundstage, airiness etc.

I listened to the Vegas and liked the bass and musicality, but when I listened to the Prophile 8 directly afterwards I knew that (when I have enough money), the PP8 is the IEM I will buy, because of the neutral (as well as musical) and very balanced presentation. I don´t know, it just felt "more right" to me, which doesn´t say it´s in any way "better" than the Vegas presentation. It´s just two different kind of tunings and maybe should not be directly compared. A comparison between Andro and PP8 might be the better choice, but I only heard the Andromeda a day afterwards, which also impressed me (maybe not as much as the PP8), but I´m sorry I cant say anything more detailed than that, because I had only 5 minutes time.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,719 of 5,394
For those who have had the chance to listen to both the Andromeda and the Vega, which one is better suited for jazz?

In my opinion Vega is better suited for acoustic, vocal, jazz, instrumental, etc. tracks.  Andromeda is great for more synthesized EDM and pop tracks.  Of course, all subjective opinion.  You should check out both iems at CanJam NYC in a few month, Ken should be there with all Campfire IEMs.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #1,720 of 5,394
Anyone with Ref1too can compare with the Vega? Which has stronger bass,deeper?
Warrior1975 brother where are you?:wink:

Ref 1, it's not even close! Ref 1 definitely hits harder, they probably both goes equally deep but hard to say for sure though. Vegas bass is faster, but Ref 1 isn't slow by any means. I'd have to do more comparisons though. I focused more on the Plus 5, I felt they sound more alike than the Ref 1,at least bass wise. Plus 5 mids are much thicker though.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #1,721 of 5,394
For those who have had the chance to listen to both the Andromeda and the Vega, which one is better suited for jazz?

In my opinion Vega is better suited for acoustic, vocal, jazz, instrumental, etc. tracks.  Andromeda is great for more synthesized EDM and pop tracks.  Of course, all subjective opinion.  You should check out both iems at CanJam NYC in a few month, Ken should be there with all Campfire IEMs.

I beg to differ but Andro does do very well in Jazz.

It's better if you go to try both.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,722 of 5,394
Anyone with Ref1too can compare with the Vega? Which has stronger bass,deeper?
Warrior1975 brother where are you?:wink:

Ref 1, it's not even close! Ref 1 definitely hits harder, they probably both goes equally deep but hard to say for sure though. Vegas bass is faster, but Ref 1 isn't slow by any means. I'd have to do more comparisons though. I focused more on the Plus 5, I felt they sound more alike than the Ref 1,at least bass wise. Plus 5 mids are much thicker though.

Thank you my friend.
So your favourite is Plus5?
Is it as impressive to watch movies with Plus5 as it is with Ref1 too? I was really amazed.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #1,723 of 5,394

I beg to differ but Andro does do very well in Jazz.

It's better if you go to try both.

Of course, I didn't say Andro can't do jazz, it's very versatile in all genres, but as I mentioned, in my opinion Vega does it better by bringing out natural tonality of acoustic instruments, especially those that benefit from deeper low end extension. But, yeah, both Andro and Vega are fantastic and don't compete but rather complete each other :wink:

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,724 of 5,394
Of course, I didn't say Andro can't do jazz, it's very versatile in all genres, but as I mentioned, in my opinion Vega does it better by bringing out natural tonality of acoustic instruments, especially those that benefit from deeper low end extension. But, yeah, both Andro and Vega are fantastic and don't compete but rather complete each other :wink:
Well apparently there is a rule that you can't listen to Jazz with Andro, or Ken will come to your apartment and take your iems away.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #1,725 of 5,394

Of course, I didn't say Andro can't do jazz, it's very versatile in all genres, but as I mentioned, in my opinion Vega does it better by bringing out natural tonality of acoustic instruments, especially those that benefit from deeper low end extension. But, yeah, both Andro and Vega are fantastic and don't compete but rather complete each other
wink.gif

Well apparently there is a rule that you can't listen to Jazz with Andro, or Ken will come to your apartment and take your iems away.

Apparently worse than that, first he beats you over the head with Andro (ouch!) and then takes all your IEMs away
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back