Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 5, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #902 of 5,394
ALO Audio this year Black Friday please don't do what you did last year, pair your IEM's with a DAP and other BS we don't need. 98% of your audience already own a hifi source, we just need the IEM's

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #905 of 5,394
  am i right to say vega is the first iem in the world with dlc driver?

Believe so! Cheers

actually nope :p

The Solid Bass In-Ear Headphones, ATH-CKS1100iS...the diamond driver concept is not a new technology at all.

A quick lesson on how to make yourself feel superior in three easy steps. 

1) Ask a question you already know the answer to, pretending to post in the positive and constructive spirit that many believe is the desired goal of HF. (aka "setting the trap")
2) Wait for someone in the community who is actually trying to be constructive and helpful to post an honest answer. (aka "identifying your prey")
3) Within 5 minutes (or in only 2 minutes if you're really needing to feel good about yourself) respond with the surprise reveal that others are wrong and you are right! You knew this information all along, but instead of posting it as a heads-up or interesting information you were able to trick someone else! Congratulations, you win whatever game you were trying to play. You are awesome. (aka "springing the trap and smiling smugly to yourself in the knowledge that you are an amazing human being"). 

Class dismissed. 

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #906 of 5,394

1) Ask a question you already know the answer to, pretending to post in the positive and constructive spirit that many believe is the desired goal of HF. (aka "setting the trap")
2) Wait for someone in the community who is actually trying to be constructive and helpful to post an honest answer. (aka "identifying your prey")
3) Within 5 minutes (or in only 2 minutes if you're really needing to feel good about yourself) respond with the surprise reveal that others are wrong and you are right! You knew this information all along, but instead of posting it as a heads-up or interesting information you were able to trick someone else! Congratulations, you win whatever game you were trying to play. You are awesome. (aka "springing the trap and smiling smugly to yourself in the knowledge that you are an amazing human being"). 

Class dismissed. 

lol that guy is notorious for posting nonsense, ive had him blocked for a while now 

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #908 of 5,394

Class dismissed. 

Hey bud,

Let's not continue to entertain his dick moves :p

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #909 of 5,394
Hey bud,

Let's not continue to entertain his dick moves :p
well i can see you are a campfire fan. There are claims on world first regarding the diamond driver on the website but is it really the case when the technology is already implemented before or is it just great marketing? Cheers

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #910 of 5,394
well i can see you are a campfire fan. There are claims on world first regarding the diamond driver on the website but is it really the case when the technology is already implemented before or is it just great marketing? Cheers

You could very well just say that there's another IEM which uses DLC Drivers. There's absolutely no need to bait a response like that. But if it amuses you my apologies, feel free to carry on.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #913 of 5,394
@ExpatinJapan, thank you very much for your impressions!

Could you please compare Akazakura which you own (if i remember correctly) to Vega and Andromeda?

How do they compare when handling acoustic instruments, mainly piano, strings, guitar? I find that lone piano sounds, like in Vangelis' Piano In The Empty Room, is quite possibly THE test for the acoustic reproduction and single piano sound simultaneously test the ADSR of the earphone.

Would be great to hear your comments!

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #914 of 5,394
I do not claim to understand precisely how the DLC/ADLC technology works.

Based on my scholastic research on semi-crystalline / amorphous synthetic polymers however, it's vital to consider that amorphous and crystalline structures can have markedly different physical and chemical properties, and may hence be considered as different 'materials' altogether.

It would seem shallow and premature to dismiss the ADLC tech in the Vega as marketing spiel merely based on superficial information you get from reading off product descriptions.

And of course, the 'being a ******' part also holds true as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back