Campfire Audio - Solstice CIEM
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #121 of 149
Not sure as the custom lineup doesn't move as fast... question for me will be Equinox or Solstice... I am a sucker for dynamic drivers :p

But my real wish is... custom Solaris!

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #122 of 149
Not sure as the custom lineup doesn't move as fast... question for me will be Equinox or Solstice... I am a sucker for dynamic drivers :p

But my real wish is... custom Solaris!

For real, I have the Solaris OG and love it. I'd hop on a custom Solaris if I could trade a kidney for it...kidding. I no fear about how big it will be since I'm already a part of the "thicc CIEM gang" with the Kaiser 10. Thankful for big ears to be able to wear the Solaris OG comfortably as, a custom would take it to the next level.

I have the Cascade so see no real need in getting the Vega/Atlas/Equinox, but the Equinox would be what I would recommend for the fine line between the two signatures from the aforementioned IEMs.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #124 of 149
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #125 of 149
You think @KB will make this will happen?
I sure hope!!!

I saw a video with Ken and Caleb when the Solaris 2020 was release in which they seemed to indicate that the single boot tech in the 2020 is a stepping stone towards an inevitable custom offering.

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #126 of 149
I saw a video with Ken and Caleb when the Solaris 2020 was release in which they seemed to indicate that the single boot tech in the 2020 is a stepping stone towards an inevitable custom offering.

I remember speaking to Ken during CanJam NY 2018 and it was the implementation of TAEC into a custom shell which was the biggest challenge. Now that they’ve managed to find tune the process first with the Equinox, then Solstice & now with the new “boot” I’m hoping this means a custom Solaris is on its way.

The question remains though, which version of Solaris would it be?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #128 of 149
Probably the "next" one.

I haven’t heard the Solaris SE. Had the original which I loved, but fit issues forced me to sell. I couldn’t resist when another set of the OG Solaris became available (I loved them that much), but they didn’t sound as I remembered, combined with the still present fit issues. Really enjoying Solaris 2020, but it does sound slightly different than the first OG Solaris I had.

Nov 25, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #129 of 149
I haven’t heard the Solaris SE. Had the original which I loved, but fit issues forced me to sell. I couldn’t resist when another set of the OG Solaris became available (I loved them that much), but they didn’t sound as I remembered, combined with the still present fit issues. Really enjoying Solaris 2020, but it does sound slightly different than the first OG Solaris I had.

I found the differences between my SE and OG to be subtle but definitely apparent. I heard the 2020 briefly and enjoyed it but I'm happy with the SE-- it's been a Goldilocks IEM for me in that I've had it for almost a year and haven't felt the urge to upgrade or move on from it. Regarding the tuning if/when they wind up releasing a custom it is hard to say...perhaps they'll perfect some new tech which will allow them to further refine the sound. Failing that I think it would be likely that the custom would follow the most recent version, ie., the 2020.

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #130 of 149
The hope I imagine as well would be that both customs and universals would actually sound the same since the internal structure should then be the same across the board. And getting customs and universals to sound the same does seem to be a big challenge.

Though gotta wonder if that poses other challenges, namely fitting the boot into custom shells that actually fit most people without making them stick out too much. And I imagine even just changing the depth could affect tuning as well.

Though of course all speculation, and it will be interesting to see if campfire does start coming out with more customs. And like you, I have been interested in dipping my toes into something custom but just haven't found something yet.

Dec 20, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #132 of 149
Just got a sale email. If anyone is on the fence they are $400 off.

Thanks for the heads up :)
Got the same one.

Be careful only for one day!

Airmail 2020-12-21 00-18-09.png

Solstice – Campfire Audio 2020-12-21 00-14-48.png

Also good for Equinox

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #134 of 149
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back