Campfire Audio - Saber
Dec 15, 2021 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 152
Thought I'd create a new thread for @CampfireAudio instead of having conversation splattered on into a bunch of different long-running ones.

I should be getting one eventually, just don't have a date yet.
---

1639588635956.png

Saber

Slice through the fatigue of sonic sameness!​

Unique driver selection, arrangement, and exceptional interior acoustic design; Saber offers you an exciting escape to a new sonic experience. Its ergonomic form factor offers compact comfort and extended listening sessions without fatigue.

Saber is an impressive conversation piece and stylish expression of your aural daring. Fresh, exciting, and deeply rewarding; this new hybrid is a highlight of any collection. Limited to 1000 units globally.

1639588673915.png

The Real (Damascus) Steel

Individually Unique + Universally Durable

The aesthetic elements of Saber are second to none. Its machined Damascus steel lid means that each piece is supremely unique. The Saber you own is one of its kind. The balance of the body utilizes our light and durable ABS in a striking black matte finish. Together these elements form a remarkable earphone in both style and comfort.
Saber features our slim spout assembly that improves comfort and allows for greater ease of use when tip rolling. The everyday use of Saber is thoroughly considered and refined by years of experience.

1639588707273.png

‘Pure Copper’

Welcome Back A Classic Cable

Our Pure Copper cable is the ideal complement to Saber. Its smooth and warm character enhances the admirable sonic attributes of this very special hybrid. Four high purity copper conductors meet custom beryllium copper MMCX connectors to ensure optimal sonic performance.

Custom Beryllium Copper MMCX connectors provide thousands of more pulls to the part’s life and ensure that the connection you have on Day 1 will be the same as the connection years from now. Moldable over-ear hooks provide security, flexibility, and comfort.

1639588747562.png

Portland Grey

Compact Canvas Carrying Case; HandMade in Portugal

Our most compact carrying case now fits easily into your pocket, keeping your earphones protected and within reach. The muted tones channel the season of Portland’s rainy days while the design offers protection from elements at a supremely pocketable scale.

1639588754795.png

New Dual DD Configuration

The First in a New Lineage of Campfire IEMs

Saber’s design features a number of “firsts” for Campfire Audio. It is our first hybrid design to feature multiple dynamic drivers and our first opportunity to showcase our new D6 and D8 dynamic drivers.

D6 features a rigid Titanium/Polymer diaphragm that brings warm, detailed mids to Saber’s sonic presentation. D8 features a hybrid Beryllium/Polymer diaphragm. This creates a special depth to the low-end, while its compact size for a bass driver keeps the bass tight and tastefully presented.

Order Now – Shipping Dec. 21st @ $449

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/saber

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 152
As I said in another thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-multiverse.960343/post-16712004) the tech seems interesting, but the signature doesn’t look like it’s for me. It looks like it’s more treble heavy than I like.

I’m in love with the multiverse onyx’s that I bought, and if the sabers were closer to that it’d be a blind buy for me.

Definitely interested to hear impressions though.

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 152
As I said in another thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-multiverse.960343/post-16712004) the tech seems interesting, but the signature doesn’t look like it’s for me. It looks like it’s more treble heavy than I like.

I’m in love with the multiverse onyx’s that I bought, and if the sabers were closer to that it’d be a blind buy for me.

It’s definitely a CA IEM, polarizing sonic profile seems to be their raison d’etre. At least it seems like they’re innovating a bit!

Dec 15, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 152

Yup, Onyx is a real hit with me as well. I'll be curious to have a listen to Saber once it shows up in the local shops, but I feel I'm well covered in the mid-tier where it is playing..

It’s definitely a CA IEM, polarizing sonic profile seems to be their raison d’etre.
Could be so, but of the 3 CFA's I've now got, they are all so different from each other I really like having that contrast in my stable.

Dec 15, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 152
Please don't mind me asking but by Saber's polarizing profile do you mean one that's not exaclty universal?
Yeah! I’ve got nothing against CA, I’ve got some Polaris II that I like and Satsumas that I find fine for running with, I’ve tried 2020 Andros as well. They seem to have models that have very unique tunings, and, Andro aside, are sounds that seem to be critically panned for being “too different” but appreciated by their fans. Ara, Solaris 2020, Holocene, etc.
Could be so, but of the 3 CFA's I've now got, they are all so different from each other I really like having that contrast in my stable.
Exactly, it wasn’t a dig, more an observation of what seems to be the brand priority. They don’t seem particularly interested in chasing a target, even on more reference focused models. They’re more about making a sound they find compelling.

Dec 15, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 152
Yeah! I’ve got nothing against CA, I’ve got some Polaris II that I like and Satsumas that I find fine for running with, I’ve tried 2020 Andros as well. They seem to have models that have very unique tunings, and, Andro aside, are sounds that seem to be critically panned for being “too different” but appreciated by their fans. Ara, Solaris 2020, Holocene, etc.

Thanks for explaining, it's all good! A while ago I listened to Andromedas (the first run) and their sound was amazing. Also, nothing wrong in "different" tuning if it sounds good to one's ears :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 15, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #10 of 152
Thanks for explaining, it's all good! A while ago I listened to Andromedas (the first run) and their sound was amazing. Also, nothing wrong in "different" tuning if it sounds good to one's ears :)
Exactly! They’re less interested in chasing the same “tri-hybrid”, Harmon targets, reviewer approval, etc. Some of their stuff I love, some I really don’t like, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It makes them stand out in the vast sea of sameness in the IEM world.

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 152
Please don't mind me asking but by Saber's polarizing profile do you mean one that's not exaclty universal?

No he means that CFA tend to pursue unorthodox sound sigs that are simultaneously wildly popular or unpopular depending on who you ask.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 152
It’s definitely a CA IEM, polarizing sonic profile seems to be their raison d’etre. At least it seems like they’re innovating a bit!
I’m not sure I see the Saber as polarizing, in fact I think it looks pretty conventional, my guess given the very basic bar chart is it has a harmon-ish signature.

And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, but I personally have a couple very capable IEMs with a similar profile. My thinking is just I wouldn’t be getting anything new from these.

But like I said, I’m definitely interested to hear some impressions. 2DD+1BA is an interesting combo from a tech perspective too, especially for CFA, and there’s definitely something to be said for a well implemented, harmon-ish sound.

Plus they’re beautiful, kinda wish they were just the onyx in a new shell, I would go for that in an instant.

Big agree, I love my Holocenes for a more neutral sound (and they have an excellent soundstage), and as mentioned my Onyxs have become one of my two go-tos (the other currently being the JVC FDX1s). I will say the Polaris IIs haven’t been my favorite, but I do love that bass slam when I really want to feel the music.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #13 of 152
I’m not sure I see the Saber as polarizing, in fact I think it looks pretty conventional, my guess given the very basic bar chart is it has a harmon-ish signature.

I guess I got a very different read. The low mid/upper base bar could change it depending on how accurate it is, I saw more of a diffuse field with a bit of a low mid bump. Which is definitely different for a dd dominant IEM. But it’s always hard to tell with their very cryptic bar chart.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 152
I'm hoping this Saber can achieve or exceed a similar refinement I feel with my favorite classics like the Lyra II and OG Dorado. More recent campfire iems like Onxy bring an addicting bass with wonderful comfort. I'm looking forward to cable rolling and will try out Saber on my first A&k dap ever next week too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back