Campfire Audio Orion - Single BA IEM from the folks at ALO - Overachieving from Portland OR - first impressions
Oct 23, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #106 of 126
I am currently using the marshmallow M... I'll switch to the wide-bore silicone for a while and report back tomorrow...thank you!

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #107 of 126
I am currently using the marshmallow M... I'll switch to the wide-bore silicone for a while and report back tomorrow...thank you!

Try the narrow bore silicones actually if there’s any.

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #108 of 126
Try the narrow bore silicones actually if there’s any.

ok, I tried every combination possible from the package and the only ones that allow me to get a decent seal are the Marshmallow and the Silicone Wide-bore... could not get any of the Final E types to work. If the Silicone tips offered more noise isolation, I would prefer them over the Marshmallow. I do have Symbio W tips but I could never get a good seal with any of them :frowning2: I'm going to give these their daily use until I find the best comfort/seal/sound... I have both a UE Buffer Jack + 20ohm impedance adapter on the way so that I may have more options for testing. So far, I am enjoying the "open" sound of the Orion and I am certain I do not have the right setup at the moment as I am borderline underwhelmed (indifferent is probably the most fitting word) by the experience. I want to love these! :dt880smile:

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #109 of 126
ok, I tried every combination possible from the package and the only ones that allow me to get a decent seal are the Marshmallow and the Silicone Wide-bore... could not get any of the Final E types to work. If the Silicone tips offered more noise isolation, I would prefer them over the Marshmallow. I do have Symbio W tips but I could never get a good seal with any of them :frowning2: I'm going to give these their daily use until I find the best comfort/seal/sound... I have both a UE Buffer Jack + 20ohm impedance adapter on the way so that I may have more options for testing. So far, I am enjoying the "open" sound of the Orion and I am certain I do not have the right setup at the moment as I am borderline underwhelmed (indifferent is probably the most fitting word) by the experience. I want to love these! :dt880smile:

Try taking out the foam of your Symbio W!

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #110 of 126
Also try UE900 tips...very soft and seal well.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #111 of 126
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #112 of 126
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #113 of 126
It still isolates pretty well. And way more comfort too.

wow! you were not kidding, the Symbio W (L) w/out the foam are really the most comfortable I have tried so far! they seems to have really improved the bass response (straight to the N3)... there's no big sub-bass rumble or anything (I don't think it can be expected with the Orion though). I think this is a step in the right direction, thanks !

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #114 of 126
Hi. I went to demo these yesterday.
I found they were great except the mid bass was lacking. However I didn’t have a good seal. The silicone demo tip was in my ear but I could hear a lot of external noise coming through when the unit was off.

I don’t want to give up on these just yet. I like a neutral tone.

Will having a good seal fix this issue?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #115 of 126
Hi. I went to demo these yesterday.
I found they were great except the mid bass was lacking. However I didn’t have a good seal. The silicone demo tip was in my ear but I could hear a lot of external noise coming through when the unit was off.

Will having a good seal fix this issue?

Orion is the only set of headphones that i regret selling. To get the most out of them you definitely need a good seal! The best results i got with tips were with JVC spiral dots for general use and comply foam for longer listening. The stock silicone tips were the hardest for me to get a good seal with

Even with a great seal though, there isnt much low-end in the Orion. The mid bass is very natural sounding, so there isnt much rumble, but there's great clarity.

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #116 of 126
My review of the Orion got posted today > https://www.headphone.com/blogs/news/campfire-audio-orion-in-ear-monitors-review

Overall, I find these having a good neutral, natural sound that is very pleasant and welcoming. I really enjoy the linear bass, though biggest flaws are that it does drop off on either end of the spectrum, though for most, this probably isn't a huge deal. Another issue is it's sensitivity to hiss/amp noise. Otherwise, it's a really good all-arounder. My review compares it to various other new IEMs that are new to the market.

Jul 22, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #120 of 126
I picked up a used Orion here (my old one went into the washing machine by accident :frowning2:) and I realized why I missed it so much (despite having more expensive IEMs).

It's a very coherent IEM with an easy going sound signature while retaining good detail and separation and comfort too. I think it's extremely underrated (especially used). I love itss flat sound signature. After owning and demoing so many IEMs, I actually have not found one that's close to its sound. MAYBE the ER4SR but not really. It's pretty unique in its sound.

CA really hit the home run with the Andromeda and Orion in terms of sound uniqueness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back