Campfire Audio New IEM release
Apr 23, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #1,021 of 1,217
92704600-7DBD-4993-94C5-D28C075805C2.jpeg42E20907-BE8C-4862-9DF5-B868BB89B4BF.jpeg

Only one result for ‘Campfire Audio’ on twitter from the show

Perhaps more later today??

* square is the model i thought was most towards an Andro type

*these photos also show the shape better than my terrible photos (and also my eyes saw- i may need glasses….) - the solaris backplate shape now looks so obvious in the pics - but i could not see it myself yesterday.
Honestly, I dig the model that probably wound up being the Trifecta. I'm kinda bummed that they didn't release that shell as the actual product.

I would buy any of these, especially if they were less blingy. Maybe a future multiverse there's a matte black batman version.

May 10, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #1,022 of 1,217
Cross-post from another thread

Some very early impressions of the Solaris Stellar Horizon, which I just received today from another Head Fi’er.
I have a lot more listening to do, including A/B with my Solaris LE, but:
-retains and perhaps even improves upon holographic staging from the LE (need to A/B to confirm)
-overall sound signature is certainly balanced, but the bass hits a bit deeper than i was expecting; very nicely controlled, sounds quite linear from sub to mid
-the first thing I thought of when I heard the upper mids/lower treble was, “this reminds me of my Andro Gold Ti”; definitely a little sparklier than I recall other Solaris derivatives I’ve owned in the past; not as sparkly as the Pathfinder, but definitely not as smooth as the LE; in fact, I had to switch to foam tips to tame things down a bit (keep in mind I’m quite sensitive to that area of the curve)

Listening done with the stock 4.4mm cable on a Dx322 (EX-N mod).

The packaging is “meh”; I frankly prefer the packaging of old - the wood box with the hand is unnecessary in my opinion. I do like the new flat case, though.

Size-wise, as you can see below, it’s much smaller than the original Solaris shell, although (from memory) it seems a bit larger than the 2020.

Again, more listening to do, including A/B with my LE, but thought these might be helpful given rather limited impressions.

IMG_1002.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

May 23, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #1,023 of 1,217
Cross-post from another thread

Some very early impressions of the Solaris Stellar Horizon, which I just received today from another Head Fi’er.
I have a lot more listening to do, including A/B with my Solaris LE, but:
-retains and perhaps even improves upon holographic staging from the LE (need to A/B to confirm)
-overall sound signature is certainly balanced, but the bass hits a bit deeper than i was expecting; very nicely controlled, sounds quite linear from sub to mid
-the first thing I thought of when I heard the upper mids/lower treble was, “this reminds me of my Andro Gold Ti”; definitely a little sparklier than I recall other Solaris derivatives I’ve owned in the past; not as sparkly as the Pathfinder, but definitely not as smooth as the LE; in fact, I had to switch to foam tips to tame things down a bit (keep in mind I’m quite sensitive to that area of the curve)

Listening done with the stock 4.4mm cable on a Dx322 (EX-N mod).

The packaging is “meh”; I frankly prefer the packaging of old - the wood box with the hand is unnecessary in my opinion. I do like the new flat case, though.

Size-wise, as you can see below, it’s much smaller than the original Solaris shell, although (from memory) it seems a bit larger than the 2020.

Again, more listening to do, including A/B with my LE, but thought these might be helpful given rather limited impressions.

IMG_1002.jpeg
IMG_1001.jpeg
Great impressions and helpful (and gorgeous!) photos! Thanks for sharing! :)
I haven't heard them yet, so I can't comment on that aspect.
I have to say though, for appearance alone, these are my favourite Campfire IEM to date (Saber being a close second!) :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #1,026 of 1,217
Whoa! Good to see you NewEve - late to the game HA HA HA. Did you get in on the Drop deal? Didn't you have the Andro Gold also? I'll check the review at lunch.
Nah, via a local retailer, K55.ch — I did have the Andromeda Gold and got the Ara when they were released but I wasn't ready then (not to mention the need for the right source and tips) — also my tastes evolved a smidge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back