Campfire Audio New IEM release
Jun 1, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #526 of 1,217
Yup looks like it. Thanks for finding those for me, I am on mobile and trying to work... Also lazy, so.. yea, thanks!

Nothing more recent though as the Andromeda gold doesn't get too much eartime for me as I just much prefer dynamic driver bass, even though the Andromeda gold shell is the most comfortable for me.

At least for my personal preferences, the Solaris is a much better match, if just for the more physical rumbly bass.

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #528 of 1,217
Jun 1, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #529 of 1,217
I also haven't really been making much use of my AGs, but maybe this is because of new toy syndrome. Although I've also found DD bass to be addicting and tough to live without.

Given what I'm reading about the Solaris 2020 when compared with the Andromeda Gold — though I'll wait for @Rockwell75's comparison tonight — I'm now leaning more towards the new Ara. Indeed, the difference between the Solaris 2020 and Andro Gold do not seem to be night and day. I also have a very bad experience from hybrid designs though the price range was different (Empire Ears Bravado).

Therefore, I would rather have something complementary and/or different from my Andromeda Gold rather than discovering upon trying the Solaris 2020 that they're slightly different.

Jun 1, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #530 of 1,217
Oh, and just to throw a bit of confusion into the mix, here's CA's "official" answer (e-mailed the support) to the following question:

Q: I've got the Andromeda Special Edition: Gold which I love to bits - how do the Solaris 2020 compare to them?

A: Ara will be much closer to the Andromeda Gold. Ara is a bit warmer with tighter bass response.

Me…

tenor.gif

Also me…

1591037160545.png

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #531 of 1,217
Hey guys,

Finally received my set of Andromeda 2020s a few days ago.

Whilst I’m quite enjoying the sound, I do notice at times it is a little too bassy/warm for my listening preferences through my Apple lightning dongle while listening through my iPhone 11 Pro.

Would adding an iEMatch to the dongle help? I’m wondering if anyone has tried this combination before.

Thanks,
Paul

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #532 of 1,217
Hey guys,

Whilst I’m quite enjoying the sound, I do notice at times it is a little too bassy/warm for my listening preferences through my Apple lightning dongle while listening through my iPhone 11 Pro.

Would adding an iEMatch to the dongle help? I’m wondering if anyone has tried this combination before.

Thanks,
Paul

The Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter is a bassy DAC/Amp — but it's good.

The Audirect Beam which I reviewed has less bass though, for me, there's way too much treble (I also compared it to Apple's dongle).

If you're looking to spend some money on DAC/Amp, you can also read my little feature here — though, given your tastes, I'd recommend either the aforementioned Beam or the TAKT C102.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #533 of 1,217
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #534 of 1,217
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Paul

Need a higher OI source.

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #535 of 1,217
Need a higher OI source.

Yes, from my research I understand.

I’ve read that the lightning dongle has an OI of <1 but if I add an iematch in the mix it will brighten the sound up?

I’m not sure on the exact OI of the dongle, but the iematch would build on top of that OI, correct?

So if the dongle is 0.9 and Ultra mode on the iematch is 2.5, it would equal to around 3.4?

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #538 of 1,217
Iematch OI overrides source OI completely. So any source will have 1 or 2.5 OI.

This is correct.

Also the Andros are an unusual in the sense that the sound swings wildly depending on the cable and source bc of the OI so you can tune it to your liking that way. In before snake oil memes pop up.

Jun 2, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #539 of 1,217
Damn impressive . All three look like solid choices. I'd want to try the Ara the most out of the lineup. I should also look into trying some Andro Golds...
:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back