Campfire Audio Multiverse
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #151 of 523
Some people just like to complain 😏

Ordered an Andro Gold Ti 😍 couldn’t resist with that design. I do kinda wish it was an Andro 2020 instead of an AG, but oh well. AG was still a great sounding set and I enjoyed it when I had

It's a marketing strategy I just personally don't like because I feel any kind of informed choice is taken away and it's all based on making people think they are going to miss out unless they immediately spend their money. And especially so given how limited some of these are.

I don't think there's anything wrong with limited editions and doing things this way, I just don't like it. Am I not allowed to dislike it?

Besides, most of the chat has just been about the iems themselves and less so about that.
You're 100% allowed to dislike it and express your opinions about it.... but it is what it is and these marketing strategies will never change. I personally love it but at the same time.... it's so easy to ignore it! If there our anything I'd be personally peeved about would be a little more time before the release announcement. Maybe a month? Whatever, I'm loving this and I really, really, really hoping there's a permanent TI Andro in the lineup.

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #152 of 523
Day 6 of 7 will be revealed today...ISE...cast your bets. I'm still banking on a Solaris SE. These last two will be "act now or never" releases.

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #153 of 523
Day 6 of 7 will be revealed today...ISE...cast your bets. I'm still banking on a Solaris SE. These last two will be "act now or never" releases.
I’m banking on this too… although given the pattern of the current releases I’m betting that it’s the Solaris SE with a twist. Maybe the abalone and a different colour body?

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #154 of 523
I’m banking on this too… although given the pattern of the current releases I’m betting that it’s the Solaris SE with a twist. Maybe the abalone and a different colour body?

Yes it will be intriguing to see what comes up. I quite miss my SE and if it's not priced too unreasonably and the mood catches me I may just jump on it.

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #155 of 523
I have a feeling in my gut that ISE=IO Special Edition.

Just to chime in on the debate about this whole release, I have no negative feelings about it. So far most of the releases have been just different ascetics for current IEMs, so if you want to demo them you at least of the option to try and find 'base model'. Then you have the Titanium Edition which is essentially a re-release of of a previous limited edition, which I'm totally cool with. And then there's the Onyx, which has 200 available, and is reasonably priced. If I was a new customer shopping online for my first pair of Campfires I would probably grab a pair of Onyx and be pretty damn excited about it.

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #157 of 523
I have a feeling in my gut that ISE=IO Special Edition.

Well that would certainly be a curve ball. I honestly can't see it though-- Io was never one of their more popular releases (notwithstanding in Japan where it was massively successful) and it doesn't fit in with the "coveted sea gem" (ie., abalone) or whatever the tagline was. My money is still on SolarIS SE...but I could be proven wrong...given the past few days it really could be anything.

And then there's the Onyx, which has 200 available, and is reasonably priced. If I was a new customer shopping online for my first pair of Campfires I would probably grab a pair of Onyx and be pretty damn excited about it.

This right here-- if Onyx is as good as it sounds (a bassy & technical hybrid at a reasonable price) then it would be a hell of a great option for someone looking to only spend $250. I imagine they knew this when they decided to make 200 of them...who knows I could see it becoming a mainstay in their lineup.

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #158 of 523
This right here-- if Onyx is as good as it sounds (a bassy & technical hybrid at a reasonable price) then it would be a hell of a great option for someone looking to only spend $250. I imagine they knew this when they decided to make 200 of them...who knows I could see it becoming a mainstay in their lineup.

Definitely true. I’m more of a casual headphone guy, but I love the plastic shelled models over my Polaris for working out and traveling. I’d happily pick some up just to get a more balanced option for travel, since the Satsumas more technical sound is lost to jet drone.

That said, I hope at least one of the more limited releases in the next few days is something in the sub-750 range! It’d be fun to own an exclusive piece of CA gear without having to shell out money that’d be wasted at my level of listening (and I missed out on the 3d Night Sky run).

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #159 of 523
I agree with Rockwell75: "coveted sea gem" and the letters "SE" (in "ISE") could indeed refer to the Solaris SE...

I am really intrigued by the "King", though! That one could be anything in my view, even a special / limited edition of a very new flagship...

Wait and see! :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #161 of 523
Extremely concise to the point of being uselessly vague Onyx description has turned me off. I don't need a chi-fi like essay but if a blind buy is the only way, at least make the stat bars more legible, I left my only ruler at school.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #162 of 523
I agree with Rockwell75: "coveted sea gem" and the letters "SE" (in "ISE") could indeed refer to the Solaris SE...

I am really intrigued by the "King", though! That one could be anything in my view, even a special / limited edition of a very new flagship...

Wait and see! :)

Right when I saw "King" my mind went to new flagship. Even though I intend on buying none of these the surprise each day is awesome.

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #164 of 523
Really excited for today's announcement!! I hope, to continue the trend that's been in place this week, that some munificent soul shares the link here as soon as it's available :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back