Campfire Audio Limited "Flower" Edition Solaris
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #16 of 68
Hi guys, sorry for the long response.

As far as tuning difference between the Vega 2020 and Solaris LE goes, the Vega is much more bassy, laid-back in the treble area and it's overally less exciting and resolving. Solaris on the other hand is more balanced, has bigger and more accurate staging, more forward treble response. Overall, these two are like night and day.

Solaris 2020 vs LE - I'm preparing a in-depth comparison review, so I won't spoil too much. What I can say though is that 2020 is smoother, calmer and thicker sounding, more analog and lush. The Le is more neutral, has a touch more air, more upper-midrange->lower treble response and it's more hmm... spectacular sounding.

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #17 of 68
Hi guys, sorry for the long response.

As far as tuning difference between the Vega 2020 and Solaris LE goes, the Vega is much more bassy, laid-back in the treble area and it's overally less exciting and resolving. Solaris on the other hand is more balanced, has bigger and more accurate staging, more forward treble response. Overall, these two are like night and day.

Solaris 2020 vs LE - I'm preparing a in-depth comparison review, so I won't spoil too much. What I can say though is that 2020 is smoother, calmer and thicker sounding, more analog and lush. The Le is more neutral, has a touch more air, more upper-midrange->lower treble response and it's more hmm... spectacular sounding.
Thank you. Vega 2020 is a really good iem buth with some limitations. From your post solaris is a mature product but more expensive of course lol

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #19 of 68
Nowhere to get this one in Canada unfortunately.
Order direct from CA. Shipping is reasonable and quick and any extra duties I've had to pay via Fedex have been tolerable.

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #20 of 68
Another special edition of my favorite pair of in-ear monitors!! I had to sell my OG Solaris due some urgent fund requirement, will buy it again in some time :)

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #21 of 68
These are excellent, big stage, more textured bass than OG, better resolution. Currently have tried straight out of computer (work calls), from Pilot and LG G8s phone, and out of iFi Micro iDSD Signature (with and without iEMatch). Images and more impressions to come.

One thing to say at this point. Pilot USB DAC hissed more than my LG G8s, so might be a good DAC, but not good pairing for Solaris LE.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #22 of 68
These are excellent, big stage, more textured bass than OG, better resolution. Currently have tried straight out of computer (work calls), from Pilot and LG G8s phone, and out of iFi Micro iDSD Signature (with and without iEMatch). Images and more impressions to come.

One thing to say at this point. Pilot USB DAC hissed more than my LG G8s, so might be a good DAC, but not good pairing for Solaris LE.

Ironic seeing as they are selling it as a promotion alongside the LE 😂

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #23 of 68
Ironic seeing as they are selling it as a promotion alongside the LE 😂
On a less sonically able phone than LG lineup, Pilot may be better than the built in output. LG are some of the best audiophile phones (even have some MQA built in).

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #24 of 68
I'm excited to have gotten on a loaner tour for these...it will be a few months probably but I will get to hear the eventually.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #26 of 68
Mine are breaking in, and sounding quite promising so far - cold out of the box, they sounded bleh.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #27 of 68
I need a comparison with my Solaris 2020s!

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 68
Mine are breaking in, and sounding quite promising so far - cold out of the box, they sounded bleh.

Awesome....any comparisons relative to other Solari would be helpful :)

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 68
I have the OG and these new ones. I also got a set of Final Audio A8000's, so it is going to be a bit before I can make the Solaris-comparis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back