Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 12, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #8,837 of 9,829
The diffferent variants of Andromedas:
1st Row: Andromeda 2020 & S
2nd Row: Andromeda 2019 & SE: Gold
3rd Row: Andromeda V2 & MW10

The Andromeda 2020 still retains the base signature of the OG Andromeda and there is a better overall balance with tighter bass, more forward midrange and better treble definition. Excellent refresh of the OG Andromeda.

photo_2020-06-09_18-41-43 (2).jpg
Can you give a qucik comparison between Andromeda S and the 2020 Version Andromeda?
I aprreciate it.

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #8,838 of 9,829
Can you give a qucik comparison between Andromeda S and the 2020 Version Andromeda?
I aprreciate it.
The Andromeda 2020 is more detailed and less thick sounding than the S: bass is cleaner, midrange has better transparency with additional forwardness, treble has greater extension and with more crisp & sparkle, soundstage is holographic. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #8,839 of 9,829
The Andromeda 2020 is more detailed and less thick sounding than the S: bass is cleaner, midrange has better transparency with additional forwardness, treble has greater extension and with more crisp & sparkle, soundstage is holographic. Hope this helps. Cheers!
Thanks, I afford another question to myself. I recently purchased a pair of Andros S off of head-fi, they're note here yet, but I wanna know what tips you use with them. I had the original Andros with the stock silicone tips, although the sound was very nice, the comfort left a lot to be desired; the stock foam tips and the final Audio E tips changed the sound a lot and not in a good way.

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #8,840 of 9,829
Thanks, I afford another question to myself. I recently purchased a pair of Andros S off of head-fi, they're note here yet, but I wanna know what tips you use with them. I had the original Andros with the stock silicone tips, although the sound was very nice, the comfort left a lot to be desired; the stock foam tips and the final Audio E tips changed the sound a lot and not in a good way.
No problem, glad to be of help. I use Final E tips for all my Campfire IEMs when providing comparisons as Final E tips come with Campfire IEMs so it is only fair to test them with Final E tips. For the Andromeda 2020, Campfire really hit it out of the ballpark, it is superb sounding.

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #8,841 of 9,829
try to get an leonidas 2 for it .. the iem really scales up with this cable :) and not in a subtle way

My Andromeda Golds arrrived as well as my Sony ZX300. These sound very natural and clean with a very decent bass. I have a few cables but so far am liking the CFA Litz in 4.4mm
The Leonidas II is out of my league but I could try an original Leonidas. Have you by chance heard that cable?
I notice quite a difference between the Litz, CFA silver cable and PW No5 anniversary.

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #8,842 of 9,829
My Andromeda Golds arrrived as well as my Sony ZX300. These sound very natural and clean with a very decent bass. I have a few cables but so far am liking the CFA Litz in 4.4mm
The Leonidas II is out of my league but I could try an original Leonidas. Have you by chance heard that cable?
I notice quite a difference between the Litz, CFA silver cable and PW No5 anniversary.
sorry i havent heard the leo1 with the Golds . but its maybe also worth a try :) the golds are very "cable sensitive"

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #8,843 of 9,829
Hi guys I'm about to buy a used silver Andromeda. Is the sound signature different from the green one ?
I like smooth and meaty bass , not the dry one. Someone says that the silver one have smoother sound signature compared to the green one.

Or are there any other options for $1000 iem? Thx :D

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #8,844 of 9,829
Hi guys I'm about to buy a used silver Andromeda. Is the sound signature different from the green one ?
I like smooth and meaty bass , not the dry one. Someone says that the silver one have smoother sound signature compared to the green one.

Are you referring to the Andromeda S?

Jun 27, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #8,845 of 9,829

The Andromeda Gold has the “meatiest bass”.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #8,847 of 9,829
Jun 28, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #8,848 of 9,829
Jul 2, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #8,849 of 9,829
I've been looking at purchasing a pair of Andromeda's. The 2020 looks like a great option or I may get a used V3. I've read about the impedance issues with low OI sources, iphone in particular. I mainly use a Lotoo Paw S1 and and iphone. Maybe this is a dumb question, but if I use only my iphone/ipad would I need to buy an iematch with the V3 or 2020 version? Thanks

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #8,850 of 9,829
I've been looking at purchasing a pair of Andromeda's. The 2020 looks like a great option or I may get a used V3. I've read about the impedance issues with low OI sources, iphone in particular. I mainly use a Lotoo Paw S1 and and iphone. Maybe this is a dumb question, but if I use only my iphone/ipad would I need to buy an iematch with the V3 or 2020 version? Thanks

IMO don't get the IE Match first and just play without EQ. If the midbass is too prominent for you, just use the parametric EQ built-in to your Lotoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back