Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #8,101 of 9,829
Compare to Solaris please :D :p
Thats a logical step (and Andro OG green). :)

Currently trying different daps for synergy and amp power needed.
Plus a bit of amp rolling with the DX220 to see what matches best.
(Need a balanced new style Litz cable).

And tip rolling to see what works best for most type of music. And will give them control.

Checking how it performs with lower and higher levels of juice delivered to it. *Daps across the spectrum.

Also tried a bit of cable swapping with the Solaris cable.
Not sure.
I think i will have to get the tips sorted first.

Early days.

F6D5A737-35A7-4356-969C-EE7ADC5B4815.jpeg

Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold tip rolling with Symbio Mandarine Peel W. iBasso DX220 with amp 9.

Tried the Spiral Dots ++ (which work well with the OG Andromeda) and now cycling through the tips i enjoyed with the Solaris.
Next up the Acoustune 08.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #8,102 of 9,829
Sep 18, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #8,105 of 9,829
Thats a logical step (and Andro OG green). :)

Currently trying different daps for synergy and amp power needed.
Plus a bit of amp rolling with the DX220 to see what matches best.
(Need a balanced new style Litz cable).

And tip rolling to see what works best for most type of music. And will give them control.

Checking how it performs with lower and higher levels of juice delivered to it. *Daps across the spectrum.

Also tried a bit of cable swapping with the Solaris cable.
Not sure.
I think i will have to get the tips sorted first.

Early days.

Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold tip rolling with Symbio Mandarine Peel W. iBasso DX220 with amp 9.

Tried the Spiral Dots ++ (which work well with the OG Andromeda) and now cycling through the tips i enjoyed with the Solaris.
Next up the Acoustune 08.
hahaha... roll up those eartip...

BTW... already got leak from countable resource...AMP9 is totally Hiss... even with POLARIS V2... how about with AG ?

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #8,106 of 9,829
hahaha... roll up those eartip...

BTW... already got leak from countable resource...AMP9 is totally Hiss... even with POLARIS V2... how about with AG ?

Lots of sources have hiss.
Though not as bad as way back when.

The effect is noticed more with sensitive IEMs. Often the IEM is placed at fault, but its the source/amp - not all are built and designed to be used with sensitive iems.
And if they are and there is still hiss, well thats just bad design and planning.

With Amp 9 i find like most tube amps it takes a while to warm up 5-10 minutes?? (Guessing here). Then it is good to go. If you want clean, non colored sound theres plenty to choose from- people goes for tubes to get away from the shiny cleanness and to go back in time.
Initially there is a bit of hiss, if that is a bother then use iFi IE Match for 10 minutes or so...).
Good thing with the swappable amp gear iBasso/FiiO/Cayin one can isolate the issue.

Amps sometimes take a sec or two to engage also.

Listening to the new Beck album, volume 69, mid gain. No hiss to me.

With Andromeda green/gold.

But don't listen to me, i am old with old ears :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #8,108 of 9,829
Has anyone ran the andro with s9+? Is there any hiss? I have to run my iems through a phone because of work so a player isnt feasible.
Andro on S10 is dead silent. Not sure about S9

edit: get the usb c to 3.5mm dongle from samsung, that miles milessss better than the stock 3.5mm

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #8,110 of 9,829
you mean the apple dongle ? :D
i was about to shoot another pm. The new samsung dong and apple dong has different sonic presentation. Samsung just released a dongle for its note10 and it is rated to be a good dac/amp dongle. From my A B, apple usb c dongle give a cleaner presentation, samsung dongle gives fuller and better lush sounding making the mids smoother. I have to keep both since my moods sometimes swing from analytical to relax listening. The dongle game is out of my hands now, dongle is no longer a meme, what a good time to be alive :D

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #8,111 of 9,829
USB Audio Player Pro has fixed the hiss I was getting from my Galaxy S8. Highly recommended if you plan to use the phone. (btw, to my ears, the S8 sounded great with the Andromeda, there was no need for me to get a DAP)

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #8,112 of 9,829
USB Audio Player Pro has fixed the hiss I was getting from my Galaxy S8. Highly recommended if you plan to use the phone. (btw, to my ears, the S8 sounded great with the Andromeda, there was no need for me to get a DAP)
Andro is only OI dependent. Get some dongles to play around and which OI suits you the best.

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #8,113 of 9,829
For those who're looking for a comfort improvement, I swapped out the original Litz cable with memory wire that came with my Andromeda S for the newer CFA smoky litz cable and am happy to report that the new cable is considerable comfort upgrade. The smoky litz lighter, softer and more flexible, and most importantly has smaller MMCX connectors with no memory wire. Cable sits nicely around my ears unlike the old cable and fit is no longer fiddly with the Andros resting lightly and stably in my ears for hours.

I'm very happy with the swap, and I'd recommend anyone having trouble with comfort on the Andromeda try a cable without the memory wire (not necessarily the smoky litz, I just liked the aesthetics).

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #8,114 of 9,829
Has anyone ran the andro with s9+? Is there any hiss? I have to run my iems through a phone because of work so a player isnt feasible.

I use Andro on my Exynos S9+ on daily basis. Barely any hiss at all. Spotify, Samsung Music, all works well with Andro. You may want to tuen on UHQ upscaler in the setting, help improve the sound quite a bit I think.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #8,115 of 9,829
Note 8 user, pair with Polaris, Zero Hiss, while Solaris, can pick up some hiss, but used UAPP and Offline Spotify, will be a good joy...

tried Andro OG and also IO also with Note8.. manage good black background...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back